Why don't the MTT's shoot at Qui-Gon?

While he's running from them in the Naboo swamp?

its a droid controlled ship, it probably didnt even see him, either that or it was waiting to get clearence, or something stupid like that.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

He was running between the guns and RIGHT in front of the vessel, I don't think the MTT could hit a target that close. I also agree with Bryant, I don't think it noticed him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Didn't see?

I'd have to agree with that thought as well. I don't believe the MTTs were there to track anything down... just to get the troops where they needed to go. It was the STAPs jobs to "patrol" the area.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Even if it could see him, and if he was in firing range, I don't think they would've seen him as any kind of threat just then anyway; they didn't shoot at any of the animals in the way either.

Or Jar-Jar and he was just standing there in a clearing. Plus I think it was one of the smaller MTTs that I think carried Droidekas so they were probably in a rush to get to Theed.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"