Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd go for modular playsets to combine into the Star Destroyer.

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I just got a vintage Y-Wing off of ebay and he threw in one of those old Micro Collection Death Star playsets. Those things are cool! I bet if they retooled them up to 3 3/4 size they'd sell like hotcakes!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Pieces will never sell as well as a complete "ship." A total playset that includes all the necessary "scenes" can be accomplished in a toy that looks and acts just like the objects we saw in the movie.

I'm going to start a petition: NO PIECES!

Put my vote in for a bridge playset. Not one of those pieces of crap we got when you made the death star escape ones. A real to goodness playset that looks like its from the movie!!!

Originally posted by stillakid
    Pieces will never sell as well as a complete "ship." A total playset that includes all the necessary "scenes" can be accomplished in a toy that looks and acts just like the objects we saw in the movie.

I'm going to start a petition: NO PIECES!
    1. It would be too expensive.
    2. It woulden't be accurate.
    3. It would suck.

Expensive is a relative term. Buying it in pieces would end up costing just as much as one "super" playset. Probably more.

Accuracy would probably suffer due to size constraints. But a one set system would cut down on the space, where lots of little playsets hooked together takes up more room than most collectors have.

Sucking is a matter of personal opinion and not a very convincing argument without reasoning behind it.

I personally have advocated for sectional playsets for years. I'd be willing to pay more for larger, accurate sectional dioramas, but that doesn't stop me from seeing the valid points in Stillakids argument and even helping out with suggestions from time to time. It makes for more interesting discussions than yelling 'I'm right! You're wrong! You suck!" if we all work together, we can come up with better ideas than stubbornly clinging to our own limited ideas.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Expensive is a relative term. Buying it in pieces would end up costing just as much as one "super" playset. Probably more.
    True, but a couple small sets with lower prices will sell better than one big set with a bigger price attached. It will also be better since the sets could be to scale instead of scaled down.

You got me on the sucking part. I should've backed it up with an argument, but an opinion can't be explained.

Personally, I would rather just cinema scene type playsets for the major areas. For instance, the could make the bridge of a star destroyer (possible Vader's). It would be more a playset than a cinema scene but it would come with a couple Imperials so it'd look more accurate.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
    Personally, I would rather just cinema scene type playsets for the major areas. For instance, the could make the bridge of a star destroyer (possible Vader's). It would be more a playset than a cinema scene but it would come with a couple Imperials so it'd look more accurate.
    I agree! I think the Star Destroyer bridge is one of the cooler sets in the films and I would love to have a SD bridge playset. My suggestion was it could fold up to look like the Conning Tower of a SD.

Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord

You got me on the sucking part. I should've backed it up with an argument, but an opinion can't be explained.

Sure it can. For instance, "I believe that an all in one playset would suck for me because I prefer to have a more accurate rendering of the interior of a spaceship rather than having it compromised in order to satisfy the aethestic requirements of sculpting a realistic exterior."

You see?

For me, I prefer a more accurate exterior and am willing to compromise on interior detailing because I feel that on the whole, the entire play experience would be enhanced for kids of all ages if they had the opportunity to play with both a ship that looks like a ship, as well as being able to open it up and have a suitable play environment inside.