Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please keep the Vintage collection coming!

If you do six a year, you can do two from each movie. (If you want to do 12 a year, that would even be better) Eventually, I would like to see the entire Kenner line made into Hasbro VOTC.

Here's my list of figures I think really need this treatment PDQ

Star Wars

1. Walrus Man
    2. Snaggletooth
    3. Death Squad Commander
    4. Jawa
    5. Death Star Droid
    6. R5-D4

The Empire Strikes Back

1. Han Solo Bespin
    2. Leia Hoth
    3. Leia Bespin
    4. 2-1B
    5. Zuckuss
    6. Hoth Rebel Soldier

Return of the Jedi

1. Admiral Ackbar
    2. Amanaman
    3. Klaatu
    4. Barada
    5. Nikto
    6. Weequay

And a special Sy Snootles Rebo Band in a vintage box
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I would substitute the Emperor and the Gamorrean Guard and the Emperor's Royal Guard (just for that impressive cardback) for Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto in the ROTJ wave. I would also substitute a newly sculpted, super-articulated TIE Fighter Pilot to the ESB wave for one of the Leia's.

They should do some prequel figures in the same style on faux vintage cards.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

I would substitute the Emperor and the Gamorrean Guard and the Emperor's Royal Guard (just for that impressive cardback) for Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto in the ROTJ wave. I would also substitute a newly sculpted, super-articulated TIE Fighter Pilot to the ESB wave for one of the Leia's.
    Or why substitute anyone? Just make them all. Add a new Wicket and Paploo to your ROTJ list and we have a second 6-figure ROTJ wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    They should do some prequel figures in the same style on faux vintage cards.
    Yes, that'd be cool, Ep1 would fit the best in this style because it's the most Star Wars like of the prequels, the first wave could be:

Ep1
    1. Darth Maul
    2. Anakin with Podracer Helmet
    3. Qui-Gonn Jinn
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion)
    6. Jar Jar

I have to be the voice of dissent here, simply because I open almost everything, and Hasbro's proven they can make a $7 figure with the same level of articulation as the "Vintage." I'd rather they make good figures as cheaply as possible and couldn't care less about the packaging.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I have to be the voice of dissent here, simply because I open almost everything, and Hasbro's proven they can make a $7 figure with the same level of articulation as the "Vintage." I'd rather they make good figures as cheaply as possible and couldn't care less about the packaging.
    Agreed. Especially since more often that not, the vintage line ends up containing just as many seriously bad figures as good ones. And many original trilogy figures have already been made pretty much perfectly (for instance, I don't want another Momaw Nadon just for the packaging when the 2006 one is perfect).

vintage figures did have the advantage of those smaller blisters though. they should keep that up. snip a little off the cost and use less plastic in packaging.

i'd add imperial dignitary to the list. still want the vintage one redone to go with janus greejatus and the emperor. that one they gave us instead of the vintage dude is alright but he isn't the vintage dude. sim aloo or whatever he's known as. skinny scary old dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo
    vintage figures did have the advantage of those smaller blisters though. they should keep that up. snip a little off the cost and use less plastic in packaging.
    Which was more than completely undone by the ginormous clamshells on the modern vintage ones.

true. I'm thinking the rising cost of plastics might preclude that now. and possibly a multi-pack of a vintage wave could be done. some sort of diorama background with a plastic base like the cinema scene figures had. vintage style artwork and simple front of box only window. plenty of room on the back for character blurb. would cut down on a lot of packaging with regards to plastics. but would still do what hasbro wants and present their product in a premium way. one multi-pack per OT movie.

I do realise that hasbro isn't really motivated by green issues though and would likely just dish up the same packaging style as the previous vintage offerings. and that the cardback nuts would be furious if they multi-packed figures.

personally i'd accept all figures in a non window simple box with a picture on the front of the contents. some sort of sticker seal over the box flaps so if it was broken you'd know whether the box had been tampered with. I don't agree with blind packaging where you don't know what you get inside the box but yeah simple small recyclable packaging would suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post

I do realise that hasbro isn't really motivated by green issues though and would likely just dish up the same packaging style as the previous vintage offerings.
    talk about a waste, look at the new packaging coming out this July. I'm not a carded figure collector except for the original vintage (but I also have them open), the hasbro VOTC. Everything else...opened. I throw ever figure's cardback and bubble into my recycling bin, so at least I know I'm doing hasbro's job for them

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    and that the cardback nuts would be furious if they multi-packed figures.
    I feel sorry for carded collectors this year because the new packaging is honestly the worst stuff I've ever seen! It IS down right hideous! The more I see it, the uglier it looks. The only thing that works about it is for the animated clone wars figures.

I welcome Hasbro, as I said in my first post, to do all of the original vintage line in their VOTC line. Even if that means repacking figures such as 4-Lom, or the Jawa from TAC, Saga Boussh...these figures are superbly made but I would gladly buy them again if they were packaged on vintage cardbacks. I could do without the clamshell if that will lower the cost, but I also don't mind paying the $10 price tag with the clamshell.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!