Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It is funny that Vader regaining control of his fighter is mentioned. It seems so many people forgot that part back in 1977 after seeing Star Wars (remember, it wasn't A New Hope at first). I remember when the Marvel Comic Star Wars began its post-adaptation run (with issue #7, the adaptation of the movie took up the first six issues of the series), the first time you see Vader is crash-landed on some planet! I guess they forgot he wasn't still spinning when we last saw him on film.

I just rewatched Jedi today, in fact, and thought that it might have been quite meaningful for Leia to be at the pyre as well. True, her experience with Vader was all bad, but that's really the point. Luke already got his closure on the Death Star. Leia's never happened. At present, the arrival of the 3 spirits almost comes off as one of those wacky end of sit-com moments. They all have a chuckle and the credits roll. Remember, the strength of motion pictures is "showing" us information and not just "telling" it to us (ala TPM). It would have been powerful to have Leia see her father as the man he really was and not the machine that took over.

Stillakid, in my mind, I've started my own version of the events after ROTJ that have nothing to do with Dark Empire, and the ending of the film doesn't hurt this for me. Basically, I think of the Prequels as the Anakin trilogy, the Classics as the Luke trilogy, and my own little version of Eps 7-9 as the Leia trilogy -- where Leia is training to become a Jedi, but starts heading down the Dark path towards becoming a more dangerous dark Jedi than even her father, and only Jedi Master Luke and Han, who have let their friendship fall apart as their paths grew more and more separate, have to band back together to save Leia from destroying herself and the galaxy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Your version sounds pretty interesting but unfortunately I can't offer any discussion or comparison because I don't read the extra stories and stuff. While I'm sure that they are mildly interesting, I stick to the movies. I have this preference for any film to leave that glimmer of suggestion that there might be more later on, even if there isn't going to be. That's all.

Originally posted by stillakid
    Your version sounds pretty interesting but unfortunately I can't offer any discussion or comparison because I don't read the extra stories and stuff. While I'm sure that they are mildly interesting, I stick to the movies.
    I also stay away from the EU for the most part, the point I was making was that even if Lucas is going to let it die, in my head, I've created an all-new story that continues where ROTJ left off in the same vein that Ep 4 will continue where Ep 3 left off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think that the spirits show themselfs to whom they want and may be it wasn't time for Leia.It would have been more powerful for her tosee her father the way he was before the darkside took over.As for the books going on from ROTJ,I for one like them, because the story doesn't end.I would reconmend it to anyone who loves Star Wars and wants it to continue.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Lightbulb

She couldnīt see him because her Midichlorians were asleep.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

Originally posted by Sliver FBI
    She couldnīt see him because her Midichlorians were asleep.
    That's an interesting way to look at it. Not so much that Leia's Midichlorians were sleeping, but that they no longer had Anakin's to "talk" to.

So now we know that Anakin (Hayden) knew about the children prior to him killing off Padme. He was excited about it actually.

So when he learns about Luke (in between ANH and ESB), his "pledge" to the Emperor falters which eventually leads him toward martyrdom. He ALSO learns (via mind reading or something) that Luke has a twin sister.

With that in mind, Old Anakin (Sebastian Shaw) shows himself to Luke (along with Old Ben and Yoda) ... but shouldn't he also have shown himself to Leia? Hayd-akin went to the dark side presumably so he could save Padme from dying during childbirth. Obviously there are significant story problems within ROTS that make that whole conceit moot. But if we take that basic concept and extend it to the Original Trilogy Vader, why wouldn't he reveal himself to his other child too? Not only in terms of Leia just being his kid, but you know, he also tortured the poor girl too in ANH....and he blew up her planet.

So was Sebast-akin just "hiding" at the end of Return of the Jedi because he was still ashamed of how he treated Leia? (and yes, I'm ignoring the Special Edition where Whine-akin took Sebast-akin's place).

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    So now we know that Anakin (Hayden) knew about the children prior to him killing off Padme. He was excited about it actually.
    Nobody knew Padme was carrying twins until they were born. Until they were born, Anakin and Padme just referred to them as "the baby", not "the babies". I think Vader assumed Luke was his only child until he read Luke's mind in ROTJ.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]