Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    She would've seen him, but was too busy making out with Han.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Nobody knew Padme was carrying twins until they were born. Until they were born, Anakin and Padme just referred to them as "the baby", not "the babies". I think Vader assumed Luke was his only child until he read Luke's mind in ROTJ.

Uh, yeah, I got that (mentioned above). The question is in regards to after Vader learns about Leia and why he didn't reveal his ghostly visage to his own daughter at the very end of ROTJ.

"Even in death, a jerk he still is."

Leia wasn't looking in quite the right direction, bummer for her. But she had a daddy already anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    "Even in death, a jerk he still is."

Leia wasn't looking in quite the right direction, bummer for her. But she had a daddy already anyway.
    Who's her daddy?

Maybe she did see them, but she was too hazed on an ewok peace pipe to notice. Wouldn't be a stretch in acting for Carrie Fisher.

Honestly, I think they all just chose to make themselves visible to Luke. Or maybe Luke was the only one who was strong enough in the Force (at the time) to see the spirits.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Growing up an only child, Luke doesn't know how to share.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Vader discovered that Luke had a twin sister by reading his mind, but did he know that Leia was that twin sister?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Vader discovered that Luke had a twin sister by reading his mind, but did he know that Leia was that twin sister?
    oooh, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

But maybe I was assuming that once someone bit the dust, that ALL would be revealed to them. It seems like an obvious assumption within the Judeo-Christian tradition, but I suppose in a galaxy far far away, "things" could be run a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    oooh, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

But maybe I was assuming that once someone bit the dust, that ALL would be revealed to them. It seems like an obvious assumption within the Judeo-Christian tradition, but I suppose in a galaxy far far away, "things" could be run a little differently.
    Obviously, in Star Wars, spirits are just as clueless in the afterlife as George Lucas is in reality.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis