Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

McCallum Online Chat

starwars.com has a new chat with producer Rick McCallum coming up. Here's the ... uh, skinny:

Rick McCallum is scheduled to be online on Wednesday, August 13, at 5 p.m. US Pacific time (or 8 p.m US Eastern, or 10 am, Thursday, August 14, Sydney time). These chats are held in the Online Chats and Schedule Forum, accessible only by Hyperspace members.
    Signature Disabled

Looks like ANOTHER late night for me ! I honestly can't think of anything else to ask him, but I'll still show my face and see if I can dig anything up . Being spoiler free, I have to try and get as much official information as I can .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Ask him which LFL personnel will be playing cameos.

Ask him if the design work on the movie bears in mind the marketing potential and is toy friendlier in the prequels than in the OT.

Ask him who's been cast as Tarkin.

Ask him to say hi to Caesar

Rick McPrick (sorry, old habbit ) has told us a line of Darth Vader's dialogue. Well it's more like half a line...

"I don't fear... "

Hmmm, wonder what Vader doesn't fear? Squirrels?

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

That was an AWESOME chat, even though he didn't answer any of my questions.

Well chat's over, and quite alot was revealed. Here's a quick recap before I go to bed :

- Palpatine has a much more substantial role.
    - The movie ends on a sad and gloomy note.
    - He can't tell us if Tarkin is in the movie (which usually means "yes", other wise he'd probably say "no")
    - Obi-Wan fights with droids underwater.
    - Three words from Darth Vader will be "I don't fear..."
    - The opening battle sequence takes place just in space, but there are more land battles throughout the movie.
    - Kamino is not in Episode III.
    - Dooku only uses one lightsaber, but someone else uses two (and he's 'bad').
    - There will be a scene involving the naming of Vader, and why he is called that.
    - He can't answer is there will be a volcanic setting (which will probably mean "yes", otherwise he'd say "no").
    - Mace Windu will be in a form of space action.
    - Palpatine/Sidious is in a scene showing an awesome display of his dark side power.
    - Beru will be in Episode III.
    - Chewbacca's role in Episode III makes it obvious that it's Chewbacca from the OT, and adds more depth to his character.
    - The character that would make the best action figure he is not allowed to talk about.
    - He hinted at a love triangle between Obi, Ani and Padmé, but it could have been a joke (I hope...).
    - Other than Boba, a major character in the film will be a clone (hopefully not Palpatine/Sidious).
    - "Birth of an Empire" is not even close to the title.
    - Jar Jar survives this film (so prepare for the Archival Editions )
    - Kit Fisto doesn't use a double bladed lightsaber like in the Clone Wars sketches.
    - The Sith statement "Always two there are" remains true.
    - Padmé is a Senator throughout the whole movie.
    - No Boss Nass or Dormé.
    - The movie ends with Luke and Leia less than a month old, and we'll find out which one was born first (probably Luke...).
    - We will see Padmé pregnant.
    - Later today Hayden will be filming a "ceiling of a flooded room".
    - We will see Yoda fight.

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

- Other than Boba, a major character in the film will be a clone (hopefully not Palpatine/Sidious).

Hey Pendo, I think the question was "....Can you either confirm or deny....." to which Mcallum answered "Yes".
    ubi mel ibi apes

Thanks Pendo...those little spoilers are awesome!

I am guessing Vader comes from the word "invade" but I could be wrong...just a hypothesis.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Also, the dominate emotional impact of the Kenobi - Skywalker duel is "betrayal".
    ubi mel ibi apes

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader
    Thanks Pendo...those little spoilers are awesome!

I am guessing Vader comes from the word "invade" but I could be wrong...just a hypothesis.
    In Dutch, Vader means father (that's right, we knew long before ep V)