Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy The Queen Mother has died

Just thought I better announce it.
    Sad day.
    I admit I'm not a royalist, I believe we should get rid of the Royal Family, but it is sad still. Although she did live to a great age.
    Last edited by SaeseeTiin; 03-31-2002 at 05:06 AM.
    Superb Sellers, highly recommended = Karma, LMan, Son Gohan, Bosskmr, Julian

i mean this in all seriousness, but how can it be sad, the lady was over 100 years old? if anyone makes it past 70, in my opinion, it all bonus the rest of the way. now a 5 year old kid dying, that's what i call sad.

Originally posted by derek
    i mean this in all seriousness, but how can it be sad, the lady was over 100 years old? if anyone makes it past 70, in my opinion, it all bonus the rest of the way. now a 5 year old kid dying, that's what i call sad.

The Rubber Cat believes what derek is saying is that the Queen Mother led a full life and that should be celebrated and not mourned.

The Rubber Cat believes SaeseeTiin is saying that it is sad to think that yesterday she was here, and now she is gone, and death makes us a little more aware of our own mortality.

My condolences go out to the people of the United Kingdom, such as they are. (My condolences, not the people.)

4. a

So she's dead. And? Am i supposed to feel berieved or something? All the people she means something to thanks to her efforts during the second world war are either dead or nearly dead too so what's the Queen mother got to do with anything?
    Oh yeah too bad that someone else died. Death aint pleasant but as Derek says, she was 101 and had a good innings. Jeez she smoked and drank like a trooper so it's amazing she lasted this long... Oh yeah she took our taxes to pay for her expensive private medical care. Hmmmmm. No doubt there'll be another annoying public bank holiday to signify a day of mourning. Who's mourning? not me. I'm just ****ed off every time i can't use the bank because the government announces that we all have to cowtow to some distant toffy nosed idiot who's out of touch with reality and condescend to visit the commoners every once in a blue moon. So what's so good about Royalty save for eating taxes and opening state hospitals? Nothing, that's what.

Ding dong the witch is dead. I call for a dissolution of the British ruling monarchy. They're a useless bunch of has beens.

I definitely agree with derek. The reality of life is that everything eventually dies off. It really is only sad when someone/something does not get to experience life to its fullest. The queen mum got a full life + the bonus of being rich and famous. Never had to work, just show up and wave at people at events. She had a life of such ease & opulence that 99.9999% of the world's population will never experience. Not a tear shall I shed.
    Last edited by chewie; 03-30-2002 at 01:32 PM.

Being British, sort of, I thought I would feel a little more remorse than I do. Actualy to be honest I'm in a "who cares?" mood. I think it's probably because she is 101 years old, it was expected to happen soon. Anyway, I've won 11 because of it. Last year I put 10 on her dying within the next 5 years !
    WOW, i got a whole pound !

PENDO!

Well, I'll leave any judgement calls to the UK. I have absolutlely no idea what good or bad she did for the country, so I'll stay out of it. What I DO know....or ASSUME atleast, is that there are some mourning family members that should be respected.....or, then again......maybe not. Ya know what?.....I shouldn't even be in here. I'm leaving.

Here I go...........

No, for real, this time.......

On three:.....1.....2..............2 1/2................2 3/4...........3!!!!!

The Rubber Cat wishes to point out that several other people have died in the last few minutes. Condolences should go out to their families also because their grief is no less than that of the Queen Mother's. (Her family, not her grief). Hah ho! 10.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    So she's dead. And? Am i supposed to feel berieved or something? All the people she means something to thanks to her efforts during the second world war are either dead or nearly dead too so what's the Queen mother got to do with anything?
    Oh yeah too bad that someone else died. Death aint pleasant but as Derek says, she was 101 and had a good innings. Jeez she smoked and drank like a trooper so it's amazing she lasted this long... Oh yeah she took our taxes to pay for her expensive private medical care. Hmmmmm. No doubt there'll be another annoying public bank holiday to signify a day of mourning. Who's mourning? not me. I'm just ****ed off every time i can't use the bank because the government announces that we all have to cowtow to some distant toffy nosed idiot who's out of touch with reality and condescend to visit the commoners every once in a blue moon. So what's so good about Royalty save for eating taxes and opening state hospitals? Nothing, that's what.

Ding dong the witch is dead. I call for a dissolution of the British ruling monarchy. They're a useless bunch of has beens.
    I see someone really cares about her, good to see you have compassionate feelings about it.

Because the Queen Mother did nothing really, but help reinforce relation with France and the US before WWII, act as a figure head of morale in WWII, acted as a matriarch for 50 years for the royal family and armed forces. She was never the most modest and down to earth royal we've ever had that was not born with any title. Just because it was in the past doesn't make it any less important.

So when you get old and past it I think I'll complain about the expensive NHS treatment that you get and campaign to get you thrown out on rubbish heap as a useless has been.

So cut her some slack she's made more of an impact on British history than you will. In my view she is deserving of respect .

P.S.
    Its not a state funeral so your beloved bank with be open as there's no bank holiday.