Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Easter

Happy Easter

Just wishin an Happy Easter to everyone...

Hope you get loads of chocolate

PENDO!

Thanks. I'll be getting Jedi Knight 2 as my present.

Thank you Pendo and happy easter to all from me as well
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Happy Easter! The bunny brought me all three sets of the 25th Anniversary figures! plus a Darth Vader iron-on decal for my shirt. Way to go bunny rabbit, but I think my wife had something to do with it.

Bill Hicks put it best and I paraphrase...

Easter is the holiday where we commemorate the death and resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, by telling kids that a giant bunny rabbit... came and laid chocolate eggs in the night.

No wonder our kids are so screwed up! If you're just gonna make stuff up, why not tell them that a goldfish left a Lincoln Log in their sock drawer? At least the idea of a goldfish dragging a Lincoln Log across the room to some kid's sock drawer has some kind of miraculous connotation:

Little Johnny: Mummy, I woke up this morning and there was a Lincoln Log in me sock drawer!
    Mommy: That's the story of Jesus!

I don't agree with everything Bill Hicks says; but he was right on the money with this observation. Anyways:

Luke Chapter 24, verses 3-8:
    Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful man, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.' " And they remembered his words.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thank for that Big B,you're right on the money
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Oh my goodness. You have a lot to say bigbarada. Well let me respond. First this is a Star Wars website. I responded to Happy Easter and made a joke. I don't teach anyone about an Easter Bunny because I don't have kids. I'm almost willing to bet that you grew up thinking there was an Eater bunny however. Are you screwed up? Yes, the current rash of bombings in Israel is definately the responsibility of the Easter Bunny!! That is why the world is so screwed up! YOU GOT IT!!
    By the way, the real reason that the world is screwed up is because of religious fanatics who impose their ideas on all others and will not accept anyone who feels differently whether they are Christian, Jewish or Muslim.
    Anyway I spent my morning in the church and I will spend this evening reading the word. After I read your passage one other came to mind.

Mark 11:25-26 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop--leave it, let it go--in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your (own) failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings."

These verses are perhaps some of the least applied Scriptures in the Kingdom of God. Somehow

By the way, Happy Easter to you, in all honesty, and may your family be blessed on this sacred day.

I was raised on Jesus, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. I'm not screwed up.

Well, I am screwed up but it's not from that

Well, I for one am VERY screwed up......no...I mean REEEEEEALLY screwed up....but my dog told me the spaceman said I couldn't talk about it.

Anyway, Happy Easter to everyone too!

.....and BigB.....amen, brother!

emperor howdy,

after a hiatus, you're on a roll as of late. keep it up!