Hybrid View

what graphic card gives this result?

this is a screen shot i pulled off www.theforce.net showing an example of the double bladed saber in jedi outcast multiplayer. but what really caught my eye was the clarity of the graphics. no jagged edges what-so-ever.

what type of hardware would be necessary to achieve these results?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dualsaber1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	1202  

!!!! That looks like they ripped the image right from me!!! That's how games look on my computer. A GeForce 3 or 4 will easily give you those graphics.

hey there dead eye,

could you tell me what kind of set up you have?
    what video settings are you using?

I have an AMD 1.2 GHz, 256MB of DDR RAM, and an nVidia GeForce 3, overclocked with NVmax to have 500MHz of core memory.

I run games at 1280x1024x32. Most screenshots are taken at 1600x1200. To smooth out edges you need to play at a resolution that high, AND use full-scene antialiasing. Quincunx antialiasing is the best.

thanks dead eye for the reply.

when i increase the resolution on jedi outcast, the game screen won't fit on my monitor. do you know what causes this. it does not do this on medal of honor or ghost recon, for example.

hm...it could be a compatibility issue. Also, how old is your monitor? My monitor is somewhat old...it can't play games at 1600x1200.

also, what drivers are you using?

the monitor is less than a year old. it's one of those "soft" screen sony types that's flat, as opposed to those that take up a lot of space.

i don't know what drivers are..

Yeah, that's a new monitor. A flatscreen. My dad's is a flatscreen.

Mine is big, clunky, and curvy...and my dad once punched all the glass out because he got mad. :P