Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Caesar
    I hope it's a good release, I fear this will become a trend . . . they are doing it for MIB this summer, right? I remember when they reissued American Pie, it seemed like Universal slapped an AP2 trailer on that and fluffed it up a bit. Does anyone have that one? Did they make it worthwhile?
    Yep they are doing it for MIB, and they did it for AP. But it's already a trend, they did it for The Mummy as well, and Stewart Little is getting a SE just because the sequel is coming out this year. I don't mind a SE of a barebones release, but a SE release of a movie that was already pretty packed with features is silly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's why I'm not getting any more DVD's until the day before I die!

It is getting ridiculous, stuidios are releasing new editions of DVDs every year it seems. Special Editions and goodies are nice, but how many times do you view the still gallery? As long as the presentation is there, I'm satisfied for the most part. Or if they come right out and say there is going to be more than one version, that way I can decide beforehand which to buy.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    Or if they come right out and say there is going to be more than one version, that way I can decide beforehand which to buy.
    Good point, LOTR is a nice example of that

Memento related . . .

Did anyone see the trailer for that new movie 'Insomnia' starring Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hillary Swank? It's directed by Chris Nolan, I'd like to give it a shot.

DVDFile.com has the full press release up now. Here ya go, anyone that is intrested. Sounds like a must own to me:

fo DVD noitidE-detimiL detiawA-gnoL

OTNEMEM

12 yaM desaeleR eb ot

Unexpected Mysteries and Surprises Fill
    a Groundbreaking Two-Disc Set of MEMENTO
    That Promises Puzzles and Enigmas Extending Beyond
    Christopher Nolanís Revolutionary Film

CULVER CITY, Calif. (April 12, 2002) -- MEMENTO, the intricately designed, double-Oscar-nominated cinematic mystery, will be released May 21 by Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment in a highly anticipated, two-disc limited-edition DVD designed by writer-director Christopher Nolan.

For viewers, the surprises and mysteries only begin with the critically lauded box-office hit, which was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award and was the winner of four Independent Spirit Awards, including Best Picture. In fact, the limited-edition DVD offers a series of mindbenders and challenges designed by Nolan that begin the moment one of the setís two discs is inserted into the player. At its core, the DVD is constructed as an elaborate mental puzzle that the viewer must solve in order to watch the film and the added-value elements.

"I've enjoyed flexing my creative muscles to come up with something completely new and unique to the DVD format," said writer/director Christopher Nolan. "I hope fans of MEMENTO will enjoy not only the film, but also the extra features and challenges that the DVD offers."

The MEMENTO limited-edition DVD features the most extensive, full-length directorís commentary since the filmís theatrical release. One disc is devoted to the film itself, which has been digitally remastered and promises the best-ever viewing experience of MEMENTO. It also includes a surprise-filled commentary by Christopher Nolan.

The second disc offers a wealth of special features that includes the 23-minute documentary "Anatomy of a Scene." Originally shown on The Sundance Channel, it breaks down a single scene from script to design to photography to its final screen version. Also included on the limited-edition DVD is the original short story by Jonathan Nolan, as well as a a "directorís script" that allows viewers to dissect the filmís unique structure by switching between a scene and Nolanís annotated film script by using a DVD playerís angle-change feature.

The newly designed limited edition of MEMENTO will be housed in some of the most unique and creative packaging ever produced, and within it viewers will find hidden assistance to solving the puzzles of the DVD.

In MEMENTO, Guy Pearce (L.A. Confidential) plays Leonard Shelby, a man who finds himself without any recollection of recent events - except the knowledge that his wife has been murdered. Using instant photos and a body filled with tattooed reminders, he pursues the man he believes responsible for his wifeís death. Or does he?

MEMENTO: Also starring Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano. Executive Producers Aaron Ryder, William Tyrer, Chris J. Ball. Produced by Suzanne Todd and Jennifer Todd. Screenplay by Christopher Nolan, based on a story by Jonathan Nolan. Directed by Christopher Nolan.

ADDED-VALUE ELEMENTS

Limited-Edition, Two-Disc Set

Remastered in High Definition

Widescreen Presentation

Directorís Commentary

Directorís Script

"Anatomy of a Scene" Sundance Channel Documentary

Production Stills and Sketches

Theatrical Trailer, International Trailer and TV Advertising

Audio: DTS English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and 2-Channel (Dolby Surround)

Subtitles: English, Spanish

Scene Selections
    MPAA Rating: R / Original Release: 2001
    Price: $27.95
    Color / Closed Captioned / 113 minutes
    DVD #07646 / UPC Code: 0-43396-07646-4
    Order Date: April 23, 2002

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

i just got the memento 2 disc dvd set, and it it a pain in the butt. first off, i can barely get the dang thing out of the slip cover. i'm afraid i'm gonna tear it. and the menus are wierd. i don't mean to sound lazy, but i don't want to have to jump thru hoops to watch the movie or special features.

so wait, does it come with the movie in chronological order too?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

it might, but i have yet to find it. but that's why i bought this version. it better be on there. i just found out this feature is on the overseas version of the original release, but not the original u.s. version.

i just found it!

put in disc 2, select the clock and answer all the questions asked by choosing "C" until you get to a screen with 4 photos of a woman with a flat tire on her car. arrange the photos in order of ending to beginning, and press enter. then the credits should start rolling, playing the film in chronological order.

all the black and white scenes play in their proper order, then just the first color scene play with leonard shooting john G.
    i wish they would of also played the color scenes in order. maybe they too are hidden somewhere.
    Last edited by derek; 06-09-2002 at 01:53 PM.

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
    so wait, does it come with the movie in chronological order too?

The Region2 1 disc release has a cut of the movie in chronological order.

Its a hidden feature, you can access it from the menu screen.

the menu spirals through a complete cycle, just as it is about to reset itself hit OK. If you time it correctly you should access "The Beginning of The End" feature.

Im not 100% sure if this feature is on the Region1 dvd but thought I'd post it here just in case it is
    "You do not know pain"
    "You do not know fear"
    "You will taste MAN FLESH!!!!!"

(mass cry from nasty baddies) "YIPPEE!!!!!"

hey Jar Jar or any one, is it true that they are releasing the Back to The Futue series on Dvd, oh I hope so, also what is this about a Pulp Fiction SE any word on that.i love that movie, Quintin Tarentino is a great director.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34