Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Memento 2 disc DVD SE ?

I recently purchased the regular edition, but I just read at DVD Review that there's a new 2 disc set planned for May. No final specs yet, hopefully it will be great.

Cool, I'd like to see some extras for the movie. Maybe deleted scenes and a director's commentary. How cool would it be to have a cut of the movie that takes place in chronological order? I think that would be cool too.

Rollo, if anyone knows about this, its you. What's the good word?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Re: Memento 2 disc DVD SE ?

Originally posted by Caesar
    I recently purchased the regular edition, but I just read at DVD Review that there's a new 2 disc set planned for May. No final specs yet, hopefully it will be great.
    Ya should have asked me man, I knew about this for a while. Maybe I should start posting a coming soon to DVD post every so often. But til then, I do have some spec information and cover art for you. Note that the cover art isn't going to be B&W like the picture. It's a reproduction of the file folder that he has in the film.

A somewhat more welcome upcoming title from the studio is the Memento: Limited Edition, also due on 5/21. It's expected to include anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio options, audio commentary by director Chris Nolan, an "anatomy of a scene" workshop, the shooting script, trailers, the original short story, international ad campaigns, production stills and sketches, hidden features and more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mementose.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	1204  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes it is true. There is news about it over at DVDFile.com. I'm just mad because I bought the first version the day it came out and now I have to go and buy another version. I wish that they would get everything they want on there the first time. This happens with tons of titles.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Hey JarJar, that sure is a hell of a lot more info than Review had, I'll quote from 3/26:

"So far no information is available on the DVD save the fact that it will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with audio in Dolby Digital 5.1. The new set will likely carry all the features of the original DVD."

Meh, I'll probably get this eventually. If everything from the original release is included, I can always pass it along to a friend . . . that's what I did with Glory

Originally posted by SithDroid
    Yes it is true. There is news about it over at DVDFile.com. I'm just mad because I bought the first version the day it came out and now I have to go and buy another version. I wish that they would get everything they want on there the first time. This happens with tons of titles.

This is becoming epidemic. I have not bought Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, WaterWorld, Trainspotting, or Robin Hood: Prince of Theives because I am expecting S.E. of these excellent movies instead of the movie-only crap they have out now.

My waiting paid off on The rest of the James Bond movies, Dogma, Fight Club. From Dusk Til Dawn, Glory, Legends of the Fall, Donnie Brasco, Rocky, Bad Boys, Tombstone Leon:The Professional, Mummy, Pretty Woman, Se7en, and The Terminator I and II

I HAVE bought Tomorrow Never Dies, Scream, The Die Hard, Trilogy, Armagaddon, Army of Darkness, In The Line OF Fire, Monty Python...Holy Grail, The Rock, and Shakespeare In Love...Twice.

And it looks like I'll be springing for another copy of Almost Famous, Blade Runner, Bull Durham, Courage Under Fire, The Crow, Dances With Wolves, The Fugitive, Dirty Dancing, The English Patient, A Few Good Men, The Game, Predator, Speed, Top Gun, Usual Supects, X-Men, The Pink Panther movies, and now Memento.

Yeah, I'm still feeling the sting of that Almost Famous Bootleg Cut. I haven't bought it yet, but it's one I really want. Tombstone, I'll probably replace that one too.

I loved Jackie Brown, just throwing that in

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    Cool, I'd like to see some extras for the movie. Maybe deleted scenes and a director's commentary. How cool would it be to have a cut of the movie that takes place in chronological order? I think that would be cool too.
    Actually Wolfwood, there already is a DVD of Momento that lets you do that.

That feature was originally supposed to be included on the first DVD release, but for some reason, the US version didn't have it. However, the CANADIAN version did have it. (strangely, the Canadian version lack most of the extras found on the Us version ) wierd

But if you can find one, you might want to check out the Canadian DVD.

Rollo - Are you sure another X-men DVD is on the way? I know that there have been a lot of rumours, but Bryan Singer was quoted as saying that the really special edition he wanted to do was scrapped.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

X-Men has been pulled from order lists because another version is being planned to be released with the sequel when it comes out next year. Not sure what the new specs and stuff are but will keep informed.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    X-Men has been pulled from order lists because another version is being planned to be released with the sequel when it comes out next year. Not sure what the new specs and stuff are but will keep informed.
    I hope it's a good release, I fear this will become a trend . . . they are doing it for MIB this summer, right? I remember when they reissued American Pie, it seemed like Universal slapped an AP2 trailer on that and fluffed it up a bit. Does anyone have that one? Did they make it worthwhile?

Oh, and I still love Jackie Brown.
    *toasting a screwdriver to Sam Jackson*