Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Lucas pronunciation 'contest'

Help me out. Ever since the whole KEE-GONE/KWEE-GONE/KWHY-GONE thing I've been a little gunshy on Lucas phonetics. Who wants to commit to how we'll say the following:
    -Dooku (like 'doo-dy'?)
    -Plo Koon (Plo'h, Plew, etc.)
    -Geonosis (hard J or soft G?)

Extra credit:
    -Shaak Ti
    -Saesee Tiin
    -Zam Wesell (seems obvious but you never know..)
    -Orn Free Ta

I realize there's only one way to say 'Bossk', but we didn't know that before 'Empire' did we? and 'Nien Nunb' looked crazy in print too! (Ever heard any one say 'Obi-Wan' wrong - it bugged you, didn't it?)

Re: Lucas pronunciation 'contest'

Originally posted by gibbyhayes
    Help me out. Ever since the whole KEE-GONE/KWEE-GONE/KWHY-GONE thing I've been a little gunshy on Lucas phonetics. Who wants to commit to how we'll say the following:
    -Dooku (like 'doo-dy'?)
    -Plo Koon (Plo'h, Plew, etc.)
    -Geonosis (hard J or soft G?)

Extra credit:
    -Shaak Ti
    -Saesee Tiin
    -Zam Wesell (seems obvious but you never know..)
    -Orn Free Ta

I realize there's only one way to say 'Bossk', but we didn't know that before 'Empire' did we? and 'Nien Nunb' looked crazy in print too! (Ever heard any one say 'Obi-Wan' wrong - it bugged you, didn't it?)

Dooku (Doe koo)
    Plo Koon (Plooo Kooon)
    Geonosis (Gee*o*no*sis)

Saesee Tiin (I only know the last name and its said like Tin)
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Arrow

See.. and they say good help is hard to find these days. Thanks again Dar' Argol, and y'all feel free to add to my list ( is it 'Kamino' as in El Camino?)

I second that . It's SAY-SEE TIN.

I would recommend Red 6's Encyclopedia, that just recently updated with some AOTC characters and things. But he's got a lot wrong.

Yep, Kamino is like Camino. Lama Su is 'llama sue', Taun We is 'tawn way", what else...

zam wesell = zam wes-sell
    shaak tii = shack tee
    tyranus = tier-ann-us

Most of the other names are pretty simple [although some are really, really uncreative/dull].
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

See, you're confirming my theory that Lucas is a lazy linguist. Perhaps our favorite Bounty Hunter was a typo of Bob Afett? I wnat more flourishes like the soft 'S' glide in 'Coruscant'.

Do I hear snoring out there? Sorry.

"Shock Tee" is how I've been hearing it in my head . . . but I agree with the other ones Tenebrous said.

And I think of Plo Koon as plo from explode and koon as in racoon.

Zam Wesell, I'm curious on that one because I could see them going with "Zom" as in Stamp's Zod character from Superman.

Does anyone think they will even say Zam's name in the movie?

Say - See - Teen the double 'I' is pronounced as a big 'E'

Ploh - Koon as in spoon

Shak - Tee or at least it should be with the doubla 'a'

Zam as in Sam and Wessel as in Vessel

Ti - Ra - Nss. the 'I' being a small soft sound The 'R' is strong but the 'A' is soft and more like a small grunt than an 'a' so more like 'err'. The 'N' is strong but the 'S' is a sharp hiss.

Oho! Everybody knows it's pronounced "SASSY" Teen. Bringer of SASS to the Force. Hoo h24.ah!

What about in TPM

Wherein "coruscant" was pronounced differently almost every time it was spoken??
    I wanna know how to pronounce
    1- pote snitkin(WITHOUT sounding like a dork)
    2- Jo'o'oo'ruuuungh C'Baoth(the clone guy from HTTH)
    There's more, but that's enough for right now. Woooo!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Pote- like "Moat"
    Snit- like "Knit"
    Kin- like "Skin"

...at least.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**