Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    While I have not made any purchases from them, amazon.com has had great selections in their Out of Print section.
    Liar! I am a LIAR! I ordered A Galaxy Not So Far Away Borders/Amazon, and the copy I received had the first 24 pages of the Introduction ripped out and since they don't allow returns/refunds on used (so they said), I'm stuck with a crappy copy! Boo! BOOOOO!! Meesa no like-a dis!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I'd leave them some bad feedback. They generally have a loophole for items that are inaccurately stated to be in better condition than they really are, right?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'd leave them some bad feedback. They generally have a loophole for items that are inaccurately stated to be in better condition than they really are, right?
    I'll see, but since I bought it with a gift card, I don't know how they can give me my "money" back.

p.s. I really just wanted to try out the thread digger job that Caesar and Slicker have seized recently, and I found this thread that fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Liar! I am a LIAR! I ordered A Galaxy Not So Far Away Borders/Amazon, and the copy I received had the first 24 pages of the Introduction ripped out and since they don't allow returns/refunds on used (so they said), I'm stuck with a crappy copy! Boo! BOOOOO!! Meesa no like-a dis!
    I had to order some books for school awhile back,one of which never came. Amazon refunded my money and must have lit fire under the seller,because after the refund,I also got the book. Did you try talking to Amazon customer service?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl
    Did you try talking to Amazon customer service?
    Actually, I brought it back to Borders and they refunded the whole amount (on a new gift card), so it turned out okay (except that I no longer have the book). But I ordered it directly from Amazon this time (for ONE CENT! yes, a penny! and with shipping it's less than $4 total) and expect to receive it by this coming week.

So I must retract my
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bel-Cam, Bad Bad!
    I'm stuck with a crappy copy! Boo! BOOOOO!! Meesa no like-a dis!
    comment, but I don't believe that warrants a BSLOS.

I picked up a hardback copy of The Hand of Vader at the flea market several years ago. Other than one little nick in the cover, it's in good shape.

The flea market, the comic shop and the used book stores are my sources. I've been rereading the Zahn Thrawn trilogy at the gym (it makes the workout time pass so much quicker). Enjoying them more than the first time.