Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Duros, Ketwol, Lando, Plo Koon, Security Battle Droid, Gungan Warrior, Boss Nass, they're all on my list, but I think Bespin Leia actually is my choice for best detailed. To me, she LOOKS like Carrie Fisher, she's an exciting action-oriented figure, and the math says the figure IS in scale with the actress, so between all that and the fantastic new gun, my choice is made.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Best sculpt IMO is Qui-Gon jedi training gear. That figure rocks! Forget the fact that it's Qui-Gon and just look at the detailing on the figure itself. I plan on swapping his ugly mug for something not so - Qui-Gon....... Gonna do the same with Jedi training Obi-Wan too. make 'em into mercenaries or somethin' more interesting than dumb jedi.

Thumbs up

PloKoon2385 has got it:

Even thought she's a salt shaker, Theed Invasion Amidala is awsome! The intricate attention to detail on this figure shows me that Hasbro is capable of giving us what we want. 300th Fett is a close second for me, too.

The Chewie Mech. Is cool and so is the Leia bespin is good too. I like the way they are making the figures to size of each other.The Qui-Gon jedi training is very good but the Obi-Wan cold weather,great gear but I don't like the head. Is it me or is the quality of the figures going up.I think so and hope it continues.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Put me down for the Chewie Mechanic too. This is the best freakin Chewie ever, and I need 5 more to replace all the old crappy Chewie's in my dioramas. I wonder if I could get an extra Boushh Bounty Chewie and attach the chain to Mech Chewie? I always thought that Boushh's Bounty Chewie was way too short.

I agree on Mechanic Chewie. That's the best Chewie ever! He looks good with the accessories he comes with, and also with a bowcaster or Stormtrooper blaster. He stands in my Freezing Chamber with a Stormtrooper rifle and C-3po strapped to his back. If I ever see them cheap I'll probably get about five.
    Last edited by Obi-Dan Kenobi; 09-02-2001 at 03:10 PM.

Many hard choices:

300th Fett: almost seems by default to be the best, however there are others.

Bespin Leia: I agree with JT, finally a figure that actually looks like Carrie Fischer. And it only took 22 years!!

Lando Bespin Escape: the cape really sets this figure apart, too bad he wasn't wearing it when he was escaping Bespin. Excellent likeness too.

Chewie Mechanic: Best Chewie Ever! The fact that the bandolier is molded on doesn't bother me in the slightest. Having it removable wouldn't look right since his fur usually overlaps it on his shoulder.

Luke X-Wing: My current favorite. The accuracy of this figure is amazing! And the removable helmet is a feature I've been wanting for years.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Boss Nass - He has some good detail on his robe and Head,plus he was a huge improvement over the last one

Chewie - Mechanic - Tall,his whole body was detailed very nicely
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I was going to mention Vader with the removable helmet, but then realized this is POTJ forum. So was the question best POTJ, or best figure to date?

The latest sandtrooper is also awesome. I think Piett is one of the best human likenesses. Amidala in the red senate outfit is pretty detailed, too.