Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Display Order

Exclamation Display Order

I have nearly every vintage figure. I am missing a few weapons, some variations, and Yak Face. I am going to display them on my wall. I am wondering what order to put them in. So I ask you fellow collectors, what order do you or would you put them in?

I have a few ideas:
    the order they were released as Rebel Scum lists them
    basically the order on a POTF back with some modifications
    like the poster that is on Gus Lopez's site that shows all of the figures

Or some other idea. Let me know what you all think.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

I'd personally go with the order they were released in.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I would line em up in size orders from smallest to largest, oh wait, the are all basically the same size.

Seriously, I would og in number order from on the back of the last waves cards.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

See, now I'm different. I'd display them by character and group. For example, I'd put Lukes with Hans and Leias and Chewie, and R2 and C3PO next to them. Then, any droids would be by those two. Lando would be with Rebels, but also Bespin Guards, Ugnaughts, Lobot, et al.

Vader would be with Imperials (Emperor, Royal Guards, Stormtroopers, et al), but with Anakin that'd put him with Jedi (Kenobi, Yoda) too, which could be the conection with the Rebels group. Aliens, unless connected to a group, can be put anywhere.

It makes perfect sense!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    alphabetically
    In left-to-right order? Single file lines? And what's your view on numbers? Do they go first (2-1B, 8D8, etc.) or do you change the numbers to letters (Two-One-Bee, Ate-Dee-Ate, etc.)? And is C3PO (See-Threepio) a "C" or an "S?" How 'bout if you got Tri-Logo figures with different languages? Not so easy, Mr. one-word-responder, eh DJ?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    In left-to-right order? Single file lines? And what's your view on numbers? Do they go first (2-1B, 8D8, etc.) or do you change the numbers to letters (Two-One-Bee, Ate-Dee-Ate, etc.)? And is C3PO (See-Threepio) a "C" or an "S?" How 'bout if you got Tri-Logo figures with different languages? Not so easy, Mr. one-word-responder, eh DJ?
    let me elaborate for bcj. since sjd9299 is missing a few weapons i'm assuming this is an opened collection. therefore you'll need to be a little research to get them properly arranged. i'd base the arrangement entirely on the character's given name on the card. Numbers being arranged before letters. I'd go with the first appearance of the character on a card (if released multiple times within the vintage line). example Tusken Raider (Sand People) was originally released as simply Sand People on the SW cards so would be filed under "S." 2-1B was originally released as Too-Onebee (2-1B) so would be filed under "T." Ponda Baba was never named on a card, he was always Walrus Man, so file under "W."

again assuming that it's an opened collection the actual display would vary be what shelving/display space is available. with wider shelves you can stagger figures several rows deep, with smaller shelves they have to be side by side. 4LOM and 8D8 are the only figures that would start with numbers so they'd be farthest left, Zuckuss i believe would be the last figure (farthest right and lowest if multiple shelves are used).

any flaws with my arrangement that you see now, oh great BCJ (besides the obvious intermittent use of the shift key)?

I'd go with a modified POTF setup myself. Kenner knew what they were doing when setting up the shots of the cards. Everybody else is making a fool what of themselves. I've got two photos of the setup I'd in my photo collect if you what you take a look.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane