Eeth Koth the first AOTC figure

I think that Eeth Koth is really the first Episode II figure. Cleary he was in TPM, but all he did was sit there. His figure shows him in a very active battle pose. Plus, he has a removable blade that shows up on almost all the Episode II figures. He goes much better with the Episode II Plo Koon and Shaak Ti, than he does with Episode I Ki Adi Mundi, or even the POTJ Sasee Tiin.

Oh and one more thing. Why is it that all the light sabers on the new figures seem to have some sort of flam or something where it connects to the hilt? What the heck is that. I donít remember that from the movies.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

It's some sort of energy blast effect thing that they added to the lightsaber to give it more "life" or something, I think they also said it's supposed to reflect the light better, I don't see how it does or see the point of it needing to do that.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Eeth Koth the first AOTC figure

Yeah, it was Hasbro's test on the new action posed stances and sculpting. I think he's an ok figure myself. They gave him some arm articulation, so he's not a total statue. Problem is, the pictures we have seen of Koth from the Arena, he's not wearing the outer cloak. Maybe he removes it halfway thru the battle, or the figure is going to end up being more of an EU figure.

That flare at the base of the saber blades was intended to give the sabers more of an energized look and feel. Not very many people care for them, but I think they look ok. Atleast Hasbro didn't cover the whole length with the energized look. I dunno how well it would work, but those people that don't like it should try sanding off the flare at the bottom.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I don't care for that saber effect. It seems pointless . . . why intentionally mess up the look of one of the coolest weapons in movie history? I could see if they wanted to mess around with color schemes to make it more "laser like", but changing the basic shape of it is weird

And I don't get why all the new lightsabers have removable handels. Its a noble effort, but the figures can't really be positioned in a casual pose, nor can they have the hilt hanging from their belt.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."