Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas?

Hybrid View

If you haven't realized, you can set your avatar. If you reach x amount of posts, you will be able to upload your own custom avatar (no bigger than 75x75). Now that we have more room, those of you that like to make avatars can send them in again at a larger size. Larger size means more detail!

Also, If I see unneeded posts being made just to run up the post count, they will be deleted and your post count will just go down.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Does anyone have any tips on how to make your own avatars?
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

"Also, If I see unneeded posts being made just to run up the post count, they will be deleted and [GNT's] post count will just go down."

Had to put that in for ya, 'G'!

Sir Steve, in order to have different avatars for different posts, we have to go into our profiles to change them? Or can we change it somehow while replying/creating new threads?

---------
    "That's what Sheev said."

Question

I'm not entirely clear on one thing. When I signed up, I'm pretty sure it said I'd have to post 50 times before I could set it up. Just wanted to see if I could upload my Jawa Thunder God icon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bel-cam, on the avatars for posts thing, right now the system is set up to use whatever avatar you're set to for ALL your posts, this is done to minimize the post's data size. So if you change your avatar today, it'll change for everything you did yesterday as well. If it's important to you, post in the Comments/Suggestions section about it and let your voice be heard in the proper place. Even if SirSteve can't change that system, I think there may be an alternate idea... but I'll have to discuss it with SirSteve.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lightbulb avatar HELP

Well as for creating avatars... the only advice is draw from a picture, use a image u like and use it as a template to draw from. and draw carefully pixel by pixel, first outlining the main features with 1x1 black pixels and then filling in...

hope this helps, yes its time consuming, you could probably draw a real image faster but well at 75x75 the only way to go is pixel by pixel my friend...

The bulk of the avatars I drew for this site I did pixel by pixel. The ones I can remember not doing that way are R2 (I drew that one by hand for a much larger design, the Fan Day badge) and the transforming Droideka (I actually did redraw a lot of this one pixel by pixel, but it started out as a full image). The rest I drew pixel by pixel in Photoshop, except for my JediTricks logo, which is designed from the larger version found here:
    http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/jt.htm
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm BCJ

How do you your signature to save? Mine will not save so i'm now posting it by hand until I can figure out how to save it again!

GNT
    ''You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi. Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

Would it work to scan a picture and then shrink it with a photo program?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Cool pic artdoesart! Umm... I thought that this was a nifty trick that we didn't get to do until later on?
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?