Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who the heck knew what a clone was in 1977?

Now a days cloning is common knowledge. We may not understand it, but we all get the ďjist of itĒ. But who the hell knew what it was in 1977. I know I didnít, but I was just a kid. Was cloning even a scientific term back then? How did George Lucas come up with this idea? He is a genus, but I think that this shows how amazing his imagination truly is. How he could imagine such a thing that would somewhat come true in the future. Of course we donít have clone armies now, but the technology is nearly there and these things may be possible in the near future.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

1977 wasnt that long ago. cloning and immortality have always been dreams of science and medicine, since a lot longer ago than almost 30 years ago.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

Yeah. There were bad sci-fi movies in the 40's and 50's with names like 'Attack of the Clones" and stuff....

Well, that was a happy accident. I didn't mean that, honestly. But the concept of clones has been a sci-fi staple for YEARS. Way before ANH in '77...

Really, I didn't think about it until AFTER I typed it.

Why won't you believe me?

C'mon guys...

Real-life natural clones happen all the time in the form of identical twins. George really didn't think of anything that wasn't already well known.

Hey, I thought they said clown wars.....

Just picture a bunch of Jedi Knights getting PIES thrown in their faces.....

hehehe....Yoda ala Key Lime pie!
    May the force be with you.

Yup, there are sci-fi stories about the dangers of cloning that are a century old, Lucas certainly didn't come up with anything new - but that's never been his strong point anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Hey, I thought they said clown wars.....
    Just picture a bunch of Jedi Knights getting PIES thrown in their faces.....hehehe....Yoda ala Key Lime pie!
    Attack of the Clowns! Starring Bozo, Ronald, and Shaak Ti.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Attack of the Calogne Wars:

"It has been ten years since the Phantom Menace, and Anakin is still going through the no-bathing phase..."
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

For those of you who saw it in '77, did you think the stormtroopers might be clones ? ("aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?")

LTBasker, I know they are not all exactly the same height in the movie, but I'm wondering if the audience was supposed to think they were

Originally posted by Caesar
    For those of you who saw it in '77, did you think the stormtroopers might be clones ? ("aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?")
    I dunno if we were supposed to think they were clones, but my brother and a few of my friends always thought they were robots. Kids back then, ya know what I mean. But, on the other hand. That means that most of them forsaw the Battle Droid armys from E1 back then, by thinking the Empire was using droids.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.