Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Now that U know more about the movie do U still hate the name AOTC?

Now that we know more about the movie and its ties with the clones do you still think the title sux? I 1st hated the title but now I see where Lucas is going with it, so I have actually grown into it and I now like it. It really seems to fit now. How about you guys out there, what do you think?

I never hated the title, if you look at the title for all the movies, there are really thorw backs to 50's B Sci-Fi movies it seems. The Phantom Menace, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi; say all the titles with a deep omniscient voice like you were a voice over for those old sci-fi movies.

"Beware!!! For the Empire Strikes Back!!!"
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

You betcha, still seems like a bad choice between all the "Send in the Clones" comments I've been hearing and the whole problem with "attack of the ______(blank)______" being a stupid cliche for the past 20 years.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was expecting "The Clone Wars" but since the clone wars don't start till the end of the movie, the title isn't bad at all.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Yes. It is still a bad movie title. The explanation that its a throwback to early sci-fi radio/tv programs still doesn't make the title any less awful, IMO.

I'm alright with it.

I didn't hate it when they announced it, but it did sound a bit strange. Rick said it would reflect on the changes Anakin was going through, and AOTC threw me a bit. Meh, it could be worse . . . right ? ?

It's a bit silly, but I can deal. It's not like it would make people who don't understand my love for Star Wars make fun of me less if it had a better title. Oh well, screw them.

I like the Attack of the Clones title. I think it fits in and still has the b-movie feel to it. Putting them all together you can see it fits:

The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    The Death of Jar Jar
    A New Hop
    the Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

PENDO!

It was startling at first...

I have to admit that it's really not that bad. It was quite jarring to hear EPISODE I was going to be called "The Phantom Menace". I reacted the same way...

Honestly... the worst title of all of them has to be "A New Hope". That title is just so s-o-f-t... :happy: mmmmmm... marshmellowy Srrrkkkk! However... I haven't a problem with the titles of the films. I think they are fine.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

It's not as bad now as it was then. It grew on me i guess.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."