Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't think the wings are soft because of safety compliancy, Hasbro's put out other stuff this big and pointy for the same age group that doesn't use this soft a material, and really, I don't think it's soft enough to fall under the govt regulations like that anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm really just happy that I now have a TIE Interceptor! Always wanted one, never had one. Thanks CoolHanLuke!

I look forward to adding to the armada.

(though I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the wobbly head. There must be some point to it...)

Question TIE Pilot's knees

Is it possible that the TIE Pilot's knees bend because they will need to bend to fit him in the TIE Bomber? Therefore, they are giving us a new figure with the Interceptor as a bonus now, and will re-use him for the Bomber?

Just my $0.02 on why they give us bending knees for a figure that sits in a flat seat.
    Repair, refurbish, restore
    www.sandcrawlerworkshop.com

SPOILED!!!

It must be nice to even have one to complain about!!!
    "pork is not a verb"

"Spoiled"?!? The only thing that's spoiled is the brain of the Hasbro manager who let this thing go out with so many sloppy points wearing the "POTJ" logo. I don't think Hasbro should be pulling yet another "General Leia" fiasco in a relatively otherwise-untarnished line, and I certainly don't think I should keep my opinions to myself on this matter.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What's really sad about this vehicle is that they're charging $30 for it! All it really is is a TIE with different wings with a figure in a nicer looking box.

You know what Hasbro? Just give us good quality with more features. We know you can do it without having to jack up the price really high. You've already paid GL for the licensing so you don't have that excuse for the price. We want some electronics (lights and sounds), a shooting projectile (maybe not necessarily in this case, but what about the B-Wing), and a real cockpit-not just some lame piece of crap left over from the original TIE from 1978. If you can do that, then it's worth the thirty bucks.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

MC, they didn't even do the main design on the mold, they merely touched it up. I don't understand Hasbro's thinking there, they claim that design factors into the cost of a toy, but then when they simply take designs that were paid for by another company, they charge as much as if they did the design. Feh!

JT, are you saying that my assumption is correct? I wasn't 100% sure if Hasbro did that, but both cockpits (TIE/F and TIE/I) look identical. If that's the case, then the question about Hasbro marketing to kids or adults is moot. What kid could afford a $30 tag for an almost identical vehicle?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The cockpit pod is the same, or at best, slightly modified somehow that I can't see. And with the wings, they're modified, but the bulk of the design was done in 1983, Hasbro only added the checked area and the clear "non-stand" to the back of each. Pretty lame, huh?

Yeah, what's up with those clear things? And the neck. I like the Interceptor much better than the Fighter, partly because the wings are a better scale and partly because the Interceptor's one of my all-time favorite vehicles. But as cool as this piece could've been a couple of years ago, it's still on the disappointing side.

I have a question for everyone who's found and opened this vehicle, as I'm not sure whether something I noticed on mine is an error or shoddy manufacturing. On the front of each wing, in the section that goes inward toward the cockpit, there are what appear to be two small laser cannons, one above the other. On one wing of my Interceptor, the longer of these cannon-thingies is on top; on the other, it's on the bottom. Is anyone else's like this?
    Tommy, close your eyes.