POTJ _ Less resculpts, more new Characters

I think we all know the possibilities of this are endless, I agree some do need a resculpt but as many say the new Han is pretty much a waste. We want Riekkan, droids, ewoks, aliens.
    I do think though the Imperial Royal Guard needs a resculpt and I'm sure there are others...
    I personally want

1 - Riekkan.
    2 - Jan Dodonna
    3 - Imperial Officers Veers etc
    4 - Droids
    5 - Aliens
    6 - Ewoks

Would like to see a Sandcrawler, Tantative V and any others unproduced....
    I know it would cost, but what about a Star Destroyer in the same style / size as the Naboo Royal Starship??

Any thougths?

Star Destoyer to scale

Personally... I don't think there will ever be a Star Destroyer big enough for the 3 3/4 inch line.... I think they can get away with the Royal Starship because it was a much smaller ship. But if they made a Star Destroyer it would have to be way off scale.
    That's why I didn't buy the Falcon because it seemed so bulky and didn't look quite right.

But hey... It's fun to dream.

By the way have you seen the guy over at Yakface who is building the Tantive IV to scale for 3 3/4 figures. ?? If not check it out.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

Re: POTJ _ Less resculpts, more new Characters

[i]

Would like to see a Sandcrawler, Tantative V and any others unproduced....
    I know it would cost, but what about a Star Destroyer in the same style / size as the Naboo Royal Starship??

Any thougths? [/B]
    Check out my post on Star Destroyers and Death Stars in the Dear Hasbro section!!

Re: POTJ _ Less resculpts, more new Characters

Originally posted by dukes
    POTJ _ Less resculpts, more new Characters
    I couldn't agree any more with you!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

That is the oldest request. We all want that, new figures less main character resculpts.

I wouldn't mind a Royal Guard resculpt. I all for that.
    Last edited by evenflow; 09-01-2001 at 09:24 AM.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Question: Isn't all of this a little redundant when we know what the rest of the line up for the remaining term of the POTJ line is? With the whole of the line going under one umbrella category from the start of next year and the episode one characters becoming 'classic' as company PR guys like to term anything older than a week, we should start posting in a new section just labelled 'STAR WARS (insert film number) figures.'
    It's all going to get confusing somewhere, i can feel it. but at the end of the day, the subject of this thread is to argue for less resculpts of core characters and more new figures we haven't already got. Isn't it? I vote for no resculpts of core characters unless the POTF version is inferior to the POTJ one. But no more Han solo in ANH outfit. No more Luke in ANH outfit. At least not until after the hullabaloo of episode two has died doewn a bit.
    We should concentrate our efforts on getting those scene fillers and army builders, Secondary characters who make the star wars universe so rich. The generals of opposing forces, technicians and support staff, weird alien citizens who make a scene what it is. droids who bear no resemblance to anything already produced. Give us the background characters from everywhere that we always clamour for.
    If you listen to us hasbro then LISTEN HARDER! Please

Frankly as long as Hasbro does them correctly I would like any figures Hasbro throws at us. But new characters are always great, they add a little extra bit of speciality to the line.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Thumbs up

Couldnt agree with u more...less resculpts and new figures...as someone said b4, thats what we all want. Lets hope the resculpts are over.
    As always...........L

Starfig,

I'm totally with you on that one. It's never really mattered to me if Hasbro kicks out 6 or seven Lukes and Hans, as long as they look good and have some play value. This isn't to say that I wouldn't prefer to see a brand new figure in place of, oh.... Anakin Mechanic, but oh well...

I'm also happy that they are creating new sculpts of previous figures who simply don't look right anymore. When Bespin Han POTF2 came out, I thought he looked great, but now that POTJ has gotten so much more detailed and much, much more accurate size wise, the big, muscular look of the previous figs just aren't good enough. And they also did a great job with the new Han Bespin Escape. Ditto with the new Rebel Trooper.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I think Hasbro could still make a few more "apology figures." There are still many POTF2 figures that looked crappy when they came out and look even worse now. Did anybody actually think the POTF2 Bib Fortuna was an improvement over the vintage one? POTF2 Emperor's Royal Guard anyone? Why have we still not gotten a decent Luke Jedi or Emperor figure?

I can understand the complaint that Hasbro is resculpting the same figure too much (Tatooine Luke) but there are still many figures that only got one or two POTF2 resculpt who desperately need another. For instance: Bespin Gown Leia, Ceremonial Luke, Grand Moff Tarkin, Captain Piett, See-Threepio, Bouschh Leia, Han Carbonite, Han Endor, HAN HOTH , Lando General, Lando Skiff Guard, Endor Luke, Endor Leia, Hoth Rebel Soldier plus the ones I mentioned above. I can think of many more but you get my point. I see no problem with having a healthy mix of resculpts along with all-new figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis