Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ssg Please Answer

Anyone, please, throw us a bone. We need to know whats going on with the AOTC Action Fleet. Does anyone have prototype photos? Anything, news, rumors, anything?????

Nothing just yet beyond Hasbro's "they're coming in the fall" (which means "end of summer" probably).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

that sux
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Ok, I'll look into this further. I'll be super peeved if this is the actual case, and I'll DEFINITELY send our old petition to Lucasfilm to show them what we said to Hasbro.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Isn't that funny? Some day, no one will have ever even heard of Star Wars micromachines. They'll wonder how all these people here on this board gravitated to this specific forum. Believe it or not, I only really got into Star Wars after I started buying Micromachines. I only started buying micromachines after they started having the little HO figures with them. I am an HO scale plastic figure collector. After I started getting these sets for the figures, I had to start watching the movies to get an idea how these figures could be used. I have always been into military history, not sci-fi. Thankfully, Galoob micromachines turned me onto a pretty cool movie series. Now of course, I am in the minority, so Hasblow and Lucasfilm could probably care less how cancelling micromachines will affect future customers, but hey, I'm an example of what can happen. Lucasfilm makes movies so they aren't probably overly concerned about some toy-related decisions made by HASBLOW. But in my opinion, Lucas should have made Hasblow re-apply for the opportunity to win the license for micromachines when Hasblow aquired the line in the Galoob buyout. The license shouldn't have been a "given". I don't feel Hasblow was the right company to make micromachines. And micromachines have been a good thing for Lucasfilm. This may sound incredulous to some of you on the board here, but I am not sure yet if I am going to see ep2 now. I have no incentive. I certainly won't be able to recreate any of the scenes from the movie. And that's a shame, from what I've heard, there will be some good battle sequences, with large armies I sure would have liked to replicate (or is it clone?).
    ARTOO

Artoo, do you collect Battle Squads?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Artoo you are absolutly right Lucasfilm should have made Hasblow(Great name for them, BTW) apply for Galoob. Ever since they got the rights to the Action Fleet/ Micro Machines line they went downhill.

Jeditricks, don't look into this. Just send the Petition into Lucasfilm. Hasblow has, in my opinion, No right to be the only company to make Star Wars Toys.

Obviously Hasbro plans a relaunch of some "classic" items before releasing the AOTC-stuff.

I have found these Toy Fair 2002 - reports:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/f...0/indexp8.html

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/ca...ion_Fleet.html

http://www.action-figure.com/modules...icle&artid=493

Seems they will not add figures to the vehicles
    Last edited by XLB; 04-14-2002 at 09:19 AM.

If hasbro is going to release the new AOTC Action Fleet without figures, the line will not last more than a couple of weeks. No one would buy them. And if anyone does buy them, They'll need the old AF figures to full them. If they are new buyers of the line, it will be pretty hard to get figures for the ships.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!