Page 153 of 565 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5644

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

Re: VA/DC/MD Finds

I did buy the Red Leader X-Wing and, frankly, it's a disappointment. The X-Wing is fine, I guess, but it pales in comparison to the Luke Skywalker X-Wing. I think the one thing that irks me most is that it has a hole for an R2 unit, but doesn't come with one -- not that I have a shortage of R2 units, but it would've been nice to get Red Leader's R2 to fill that hole.

That second figure would've been especially nice considering the quality of the Red Leader figure. This, friends, is some very shoddy work -- definitely a step backwards in quality for the Star Wars line. The body is just the POTJ Luke Skywalker Pilot body, right down to the hands -- they're not too weird, but posed to look like he's pushing some controls. The head, though, is inexcusable. One, the helmet is molded on, and doesn't have any visor. Two, his head is way too small -- put him next to the other pilot figures from POTJ or Saga lines and he looks ridiculous. If I had to guess, I'd say that the head is from a POTF2 Luke Skywalker pilot. Mine's currently packed away, so I can't check, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What makes him Red Leader? Well, the paint job on the helmet, I guess. I'll go back and watch ANH, but I'm pretty sure that Red Leader was not a tiny-headed, yellow-skinned gentleman.

...and what's with the legs???!!!

The 4 Red Leader sets I looked at yesterday all had the appearance of 1 leg being longer than the other...might have been the illusion the bent foot(feet)were giving. All in all, a real slap in the face to us from Hasbro...and that price point to boot!!!!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Re: ...and what's with the legs???!!!

C-Burg and Radford Wal-Mart have nothng new.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I saw the red leader x-wing yesterday. It looks like the figure is a kit bashed POTJ luke X-wing pilot and a y-wing pilot / Dack Ralter head that's been repainted. I can't blame Hasbro for trying to make a buck by reusing old stuff, but I wish they would keep in mind that I would have actually bought one of these with a better pilot sculpt or the appropriate R5.

MM74MD: Wal-mart was sold out by the time I got there the other day. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I'll keep my eye out though.

Stopped by Target in Frederick this morning. They must have just put out two cases of the Hall of Fame asst. There were still 2 stormtroopers and 1 Darth vader DSC. They also had one R1-G4 left.

Thanks for the review of Red Leader folks. It is hard, but I think I will pass. I know I bought Dak when to me there really wasn't anything to make it Dak other than Hasbro saying so, but I just can't see spending $30 for another
    X-wing and something they label "Red Leader". I really want a Grand Moff Jerjerrod, but if they made one and it didn't look anything like him, why buy the figure?

I'm all caught up on figures now (I broke down and bought Tanus on Ebay for $7.50 (I know bad Matt don't encourage the scalpers.)) At any rate, who still needs what so we can help each other out?

I need the SD and Endor wave. Radford Wal-Mart has squat as does C-Burg again.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Still looking for:

Never have seen R1-G4 at any retail. Seems to be the next Ephant Mon.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I need the SD and Endor wave. Radford Wal-Mart has squat as does C-Burg again.

Has Endor been released yet? If so I'm not caught up after all.