Page 352 of 565 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 5642

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

In case you all have not read, SSG is pretty much closing down. I hope you all make the move along with the rest of us on 4/16. The link to the new site is in my sig line. For more info, check the Saga collection thread.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Utter waste of 2 hours searching today. 2 WM's had the remnants of the Geonosis wave (i.e. Scorch and Utapau Clone missing) and the other places had squat. I did pick up the wave 3 Titaniums though.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mm74md
    Well, Frederick Target had the Cody wave. Repeat, they HAD the Cody wave. Apparently there are 3 guys who come into the store everyday and hit Star Wars, Marvel Legends, and (you guessed it) Hot Wheels. I was so angry. I haven't been mad like that in a long time.

PLEASE DON'T BUY CODY ON EBAY. F THOSE LOSERS!
    The guy that has been finding everything for me lately was going into work late and stopped by Target this morning. He said he got to target around 9:00 and everything was picked through already. The only figures they'll get for a week and they're gone in less than a hour! There's too many collectors and scalpers and not enough product around here. Sometimes I feel like we're just giving the scalpers a heads up on where to look by posting here. If Hasbro could keep product on the shelves for these stores then the scalpers wouldn't make money and we could all get back to our nice relaxing hobby. Supply and demand Hasbro, you're not even coming close to meeting the demand and you haven't for a while. I can see waves instantly selling out for a few weeks after they're released, but having pegs sit empty for 95% of the time is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73
    The guy that has been finding everything for me lately was going into work late and stopped by Target this morning. He said he got to target around 9:00 and everything was picked through already. The only figures they'll get for a week and they're gone in less than a hour! There's too many collectors and scalpers and not enough product around here. Sometimes I feel like we're just giving the scalpers a heads up on where to look by posting here. If Hasbro could keep product on the shelves for these stores then the scalpers wouldn't make money and we could all get back to our nice relaxing hobby. Supply and demand Hasbro, you're not even coming close to meeting the demand and you haven't for a while. I can see waves instantly selling out for a few weeks after they're released, but having pegs sit empty for 95% of the time is inexcusable.
    It was me! I got there at 8:00 (skipped morning meeting at work), something I haven't done in about six months, and I was the only one there. I go back to the SW section, and BAM, all the new stuff is hanging on the pegs. I picked up 3 Utapau troopers and a Cody, a pretty modest piece of the pie considerring what was there. I was stoked.

I was actually going to stash some of the other "good" stuff for the Matts, but then all of a sudden, 2 other guys show up behind me. They had an obvious scalper look about them, and I can say without a doubt that they were not pleased to see me. I gave them my dirtiest look and slowly stepped aside to see what they were looking for. Of course they started thrashing around for Cody's and the chase pewter holograms. They each loaded up with like 15 figures in their arms, then moved over to the newly stocked ML section. They cleaned out the entire Apocolypse wave. Then they slugged their way over to the Hot Wheels.

I can usually spot the regular scaplers in the Frederick area, as they're pretty much the same guys that have been around since I've been collecting for the last 15 years or so. But these guys are definitely new. Fat, middle-aged, punchable-faced scalpers, without a doubt.

mtriv73 and mm74md, if you guys need anything, just let me know. I'm renewing my commitment to hit Target every morning at 8:00 before work if that's what it takes to beat these guys. I'll run them outta town by the time it's all said and done.

I wasn't able to run to WM this morning. I stayed up too late last night so I needed the sleep. Damn Slick, you musta got all of 4 hours of sleep last night?

KH - If you'll pick up that EB kit for me that would be awesome. We can work out the details later. Thanks in advance.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat
    I wasn't able to run to WM this morning. I stayed up too late last night so I needed the sleep. Damn Slick, you musta got all of 4 hours of sleep last night?

KH - If you'll pick up that EB kit for me that would be awesome. We can work out the details later. Thanks in advance.
    It was about an hour and half of sleep. I had alot to do this morning and I just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I just stayed up. I got alot taken care of so now I can take a nap...after I yummy down on some Gen. Tso's chicken that is.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Hey slick, did i disappear from aim?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Roanoke Walmart, yesterday:
    They are doing some serious remodeling in there, so you are lucky if you can find where the various parts of the toy section is located. If you do, however, they had about 5 Ultra Titanium ARC-170s and X-Wings. No new figs, but the Early Bird Kits were also on sale for $9. Too steep for me after picking one up already for $5 last week.

Other clearance coups: 500th Vader for $5 (last one), Unleashed Asajj Ventress for $3...finally a price these things may move with.

Roanoke Target didn't have anything new out.
    "You think you are hot sh*t in a champaign glass, but you're nothing but cold diarreah in dixie cup!" - The Monarch

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp
    It was me! I got there at 8:00 (skipped morning meeting at work), something I haven't done in about six months, and I was the only one there. I go back to the SW section, and BAM, all the new stuff is hanging on the pegs. I picked up 3 Utapau troopers and a Cody, a pretty modest piece of the pie considerring what was there. I was stoked.
    Good, glad to here it. I was so mad

I appreciate it Sean, but I'm all caught up at the moment. I'm trying to find stuff for other people now (although I wouldn't mind another Cody.)

By the way, the Target in Frederick officially has the lowest prices in the area now at $5.83. All the other Targets as well as Wal-marts are over $6.00For some reason, it varies from Target to Target on the price. Yet another reason to have friends who can get there early.

See you guys at the new website.