Page 75 of 565 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

There have been 4 Saga tie bombers on the shelf of the Wal-mart on 26 in Frederick for the last 2 weeks. They get trash compactor sets sporadically. They're even getting new figures (no Ephants yet though.)

Scored Obi-Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle & Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape at the Hagerstown Wal-Mart. They had 2 Obi-Wan figures left last night around 8:30ish.

Nothing else new to report.

Had to get out of the house this morning since I couldn't bring myself to watch CNN anymore. It seems inconsequential in light of the Columbia disaster, but I found the Jedi analysis droids, padme, imperial officer, rebel fleet trooper, and tuskenraider at the wal-mart on 26. They also had Teebo and Eeth Koth, but I'll pass on them for now. My thoughts and prayers are with the real space heroes. Rest in peace.

Target in Landover had accessory sets yesterday, there was a couple of each, even the biker scout and death star sets.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

the north walmart in glen burnie had the new darth tyranus and new obi-wan figure today they also had the new yoda and d droid, still had a few of each left.

Thanks for the tip-off, Sparky. I got the last Obi/Acklay & Darth T. Checked other WalMarts & Toys R Us in area...turned up zippo!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Frederick seems to be the best place to find new stuff, at least for myself & mtriv73.

I stopped by the Frederick TRU last night on the way home from work after failed attempts at many Wal-Marts, Targets, TRU on the way up from Annapolis. To my surprise they had the new 12" line in stock.

I was really excited 'cause I just started collecting the 12" line. I gotta be honest, the new Padme & Anakin absolutely suck. If you want a good laugh, take a look at these pathetic figures in person. Anakin looks like a professional wrestler with a bad tan job on his face while his body has a lighter color . And Padme, very sad. Basically just a Barbie with dark hair, big nose and a terrible attempt at the hair style from the Arena scene.

For the good news: I picked up the Geonosian Warrior which is, in the words of my 3 year old son "way cool bad guy, daddy". I haven't had a chance to open him yet. But just from looking at it at the store, this one is a real winner. They had 1 Anakin, 2 Padme's, 1 Geonosian left last night around 6:00.

Bottom line: Stay away from the new Anakin & Padme 12" line unless you need a good laugh. Pick up the Geonosian even if you aren't a normal 12" collector. It is indeed, "Way Cool"!

Thanks for the review mm! I used to collect the 12 inch line but only pick up the occasional few now. Too many bad apples.

I was lucky enough to pick up the 3 3/4 Padme (droid factory), Imp. Officer (new head), Tusken (magnet head) and red head RFT Saturday up north in Hanover, PA. Surprised they haven't shown up in MD stores yet. Gotta be coming any time now...

Did you find them at a TRU or Wal-Mart?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".