Page 76 of 565 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Did you find them at a TRU or Wal-Mart?
    Oops! Sorry. It was at Walmart and they only got 1 case as far as I could tell.

Tysons TRU had nothing but clogged pegs of Pilot Padme and Ki-Adi.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Yeah, it's pretty bad when my local WalMart has nothing but Dexter Jetser & Geo. warrior on the pegs. C'mon people...time to refresh that inventory. Their employees tell me there's lack of interest...yet they sell out of everything new in minutes. Makes perfect sense. I have always collected the 12" as well as 3 3/4" figures as far back as 1978, but when I saw the 12" line with Han & Lando Skiff pictures...it scared the %*&@ out of me to continue. Now I'm afraid to hunt down the Anakin wave. Has anyone spotted the 12" Boush/Carbonite block Toys R Us exclusive? Hasbro seems to do better on aliens & droids in that larger scale.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I saw the new lego Mini-figs at Wal-mart last night in Frederick. The AT-ST looks good, but I think I'll pass for now and start saving for a star destroyer. No more new 3-3/4" figures were out at either WM or TRU.

Originally posted by jonthejedi
    but when I saw the 12" line with Han & Lando Skiff pictures...it scared the %*&@ out of me to continue.
    I thought the Lando Skiff looked pretty good, at least with his helmet on.

I've been scouring the Springfield area for the past several weeks to no avail. I did buy some Star Wars valentines though! Woo hoo!
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

Well, I finally found something new - the Anakin/Padme/Geo 12" wave at the Kingstowne/Springfield TRU. Are they really using Realscan for these things?? Anyway the Geo Warrior is cool.

I usually don't open my Star Wars stuff...I wish they would go back to having the helmets & caps packaged _on_ the figures. I agree Fixer...the Skiff Guard costume itself is *****in'...but the prototype faces of Han & Lando I saw were awful. Speaking of 12"...Toys R Us Glen Burnie & Columbia(which had more) had Geo.
    warrior(Best), Padme & Anakin(which does feature a removable robot arm & 2 lightsabers). Looks clear that somebody's buying them. Finances have forced me to be more discriminating...especially when I saw 12" Zam for 10.00. I got burnt on Ki-Adi from fan club...should have waited since Wizards store had for considerably less. Looking forward to 12" Boush & light-up carbonite block, though.

^^Understood. Someday, I'm planning on opening all my 12" figs, I've got nearly all of them to date, and the few I have opened are much better out of the package than in. But yes, 9 times out of 10 the head sculpts on the humans are just unbelievably bad. And what they're doing with the female figures is appaling.

I too was bummed when I saw Ki for, what was it, 5 or 6 bucks. But, I've waited on things and seen them sell out and end up at crazy Ebay prices, and I've bought things at full price, only to see them wind up selling for super cheap. In the end, I buy things when I see them, and just tell myself that it all balances out.

A delusion, I know, but hey, at least it's my delusion.

Hagerstown TRU has the 12" Leia with Carbonite Block. Very, very nice, but I'm not spending $40 for it. They had 3 in stock today. Nothing else new. Same with the KB Toys in the Valley Mall.

Thanks mm74md...that's one I want. I'll check my local Toys R Us.
    Is the carbonite block sculpted in Han's likeness...or just lights up with his visage?????