Page 89 of 565 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

All but 3 of the figures I ordered from Kebco were in stock. I also won a Saga Yoda. I don't really need it, but it's free.

I still planning on buying more Tuskens, Snowtroopers, Imp Officers, and Rebel Troopers when I see them on the pegs.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Target in Glen Burnie also had Yoda lightsaber for 17.99.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I got the new Boba Fett (awesome figure), R2 (I almost didn't buy this one), Voodoo doll Mace windu (that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the huge stick in his back), Obi-acklay battle, Dooku (another great figure) and Anakin secret ceremony at Wal-Mart in Frederick this weekend. The best part is, I got them price matched.

Great score mtriv73. Glen Burnie Target had plenty of Red Battle Droids, Yoda & Padawan, 2 Padawans, Barris, Aayla, etc.

However, most of these were in the hands of a so called collector who was "getting some for my friend".

Anyway, I was able to get my hands on 1 Red Battle Droid, 1 Yoda & padawan, 1 Barriss, and 1 Aayla. I was a tad irritated that the collector had at least 2 of Ashla & Jempa

There was only 1 Yoda & Chian & 1 Blonde Imperial Officer left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mistake. I jokingly said "Are these for 'jonthejedi'?" not thinking he was actually getting them for you.

Sorry, I just automatically get p'd off when I see a guy carrying a bunch of doubles out of store! No offense intended to your buddy.
    Last edited by mm74md; 04-21-2003 at 01:51 PM.

Sorry mm74md...I was the friend. He is a legit collector, as well as a very good friend, and a heck of a nice guy. He was kind enough to check today since my car's in the shop. Who knew new figures would hit so soon after the 2/$5 sale. Be careful to distinguish between collectors & scalpers. He is not the latter. There are close to 200 collectors in the MD area...most of which don't even know about Sir Steve's Guide. I have gotten to many a retailer too late...perhaps right after you or someone else. It is very frustrating right now with new figs. dripping in...1 case at a time. You'll have your shot!!

....and if it makes you feel any better...you have two I didn't get...the red battle droid & Bariss.

Originally posted by jonthejedi
    ...There are close to 200 collectors in the MD area...
    Maybe we should start a MD collectors club???

Anyone???....anyone???

Originally posted by jonthejedi
    ....and if it makes you feel any better...you have two I didn't get...the red battle droid & Bariss.

Just Kidding!!!

Damn. I was going to go by there this morning.

The problem with a club is Hasbro's just not shipping enough cases right now to meet the demand in the area. I hate to see it become " everyone for themselves," but until stock does more than trickle in....you wonderful people & your tips are better than a club. You've saved me untold gas, and generally give me a good window to hunt for figs. when things start to show up. Happily, I don't run into too many Star Wars scalpers, just guys like us in it for the love. Now Hot Wheels on the other hand...