Page 92 of 565 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

Re: Comics, collectibles, hobby shops???

Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
    Also. . .

I have been meaning to ask you guys if you know of any comics book/hobby shop that sells Star Wars figs? When I lived in Denver they were a dime a dozen. . .but I haven't found any here. What's the deal with this?

Peace

-t
    The only one I'm aware of that has a significant inventory is Phoenix Comics in Herndon (however, I haven't been there in at least a year). There aren't that many comic shops left in the area, and those that remain tend to focus on comic-related merchandise.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

Thanks Fixer. Herndon, huh? I will have to look for it on a map. . .then for Phoenix Comics in the white pages. Perhaps they have a website.
    The movie changed my life. It was much better than Cats. I'd go see it again and again and again.

Fixer, Sloppy

Thanks guys, it's good to be back.

The only new (2003) figs that I've found are: Darth Tyranus, Acklay ObiWan, Anakin (SC), Boba Fett, Mace and flying R2. Nothing before or after those figs. Yes, I know it's sad.

What's even more sad is that I'm having surgery next Weds., having 2 vertebrae in my neck fused. Ouch. Not looking forward to it. Won't be allowed to drive for 3 weeks. So my collecting will suffer a little more. Hopefully not to much will come out during that period.

As far as a report, stopped by Pot. Mills WalMart on the way home from work and came across a POTF Tie Bomber. Still priced at $29.99. Left it there. No new figures (big suprise).

Gaithersburg Target had some new stuff...Anakin, Boba, R2 and Mace, but I bought the Mace.

Start checking Target. Its been dead the last week in a half. I haven't seen anything.

Its been my experience though that sometimes when hitting target you must be cautious. Sometimes they don't put stuff out early in the morning but instead wait untill later in the day around 2-3 pm
    "It's just about evidence, it's not up to you whether he lives or dies. The case has no face."

You're right Grissom...many Target toy dept heads weary of us hitting them at 8 a.m. every day will wait till the pm to put out new inventory!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Anybody find anything new? Saw some west coast posts on the Obi-Wan and Jango deluxe sets. Initial reviews seem pretty bad. I am torn on the A-Wing Target exclusive it could go one of two ways 1) impossible to find or snag much like the Skiff and Y-Wing or 2) Ends up being marked down to half off because of product over saturation. Hasbro seems to have a problem with being able to flesh out a happy medium. I can name off a couple of exclusives that played out like this. How about the Trash Compactor scenes and holiday special for Wal-mart or better yet the snow speeder and original Bomber. What a nightmare
    "It's just about evidence, it's not up to you whether he lives or dies. The case has no face."

Originally posted by jonthejedi
    You're right Grissom...many Target toy dept heads weary of us hitting them at 8 a.m. every day will wait till the pm to put out new inventory!
    You're right and honestly I think it makes no sense. Are they scared of actually selling something? Limiting the amount each person could get with collectible items would be an annoying yet better solution. So would actually ordering more than 1 case at a time of new items. I really don't see why all the major merchandisers don't pull all the old items (read as pegwarmers) and put out new cases as soon as they come in. Then, 30 minutes later when the new stuff has disappeared, they could put the old back out in hopes of someone buying it. This would be more labor itensive, but the increase in sales would more than make up for the minimum wage they're paying some stocking person. It would also make me visit the store more often and probably pick up other things that catch my eye. It's frustrating traveling around and seeing only Teemto's and Lott Dodds. I'm desperately trying to give my money away to these stores, but they don't seem to want it.