Page 97 of 565 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

Originally posted by jonthejedi
    Some good news for today, Wed. Found Imperial 4-pack at Toys R Us in Glen Burnie. May still be some left or in back. Check with your local Toys R Us...SKU# is720499. There are usualy friendlies who will check(or call 1st).
    Typical. I never stop at Glen Burnie TRU since it's out of my direct travel path. I stopped there Monday & they said they were getting a truck Tuesday. And of course, they show up Wednesday & I'm sitting here working from home with no Imperial 4 pack

Interesting note to pass along... I recently fired off an annoyed email to Walmart corporate HQ complaining of the lack of new figures and exclusives at the Kingstowne/Springfield Walmart. I actually got a call today from that Walmart. The woman who called said that they had talked to the head of the Toy Department and that they told her that they only get refresh on Star Wars at Christmas! According to her, it's up to corporate as to whether they get new stuff. Seeing as how they've recently "refreshed" with the Destroyer Droid wave, who knows? Somebody in the Toy Department or corporate is clueless and screwing themselves out of major sales. I wonder if they'll get the Clone Wars stuff. Possibly, as it's probably a different SKU. Anyway, it never hurts to fire off an irate email!
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

Wow. Interesting. Did you only mention the one Walmart? I see the same problem at every Walmart I've gone to since November.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

My wife got me the TRU 4 Pack from the Frederick TRU today. Made my day much better!

It seems like we have to take the good fight to Hasbro direct...the retail dept. heads really are clueless. I dropped off a printout of the Gam. guard 12" to local KayBee. They didn't even know anything about it!! Typical!!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

toys r us in glen burnie had the 4 Pack tonight 3 left at 8pm
    Last edited by sparkytheclown; 06-06-2003 at 01:48 AM.

For those willing to take a driving chance...which Toys R Us...Glen Burnie?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Wow. Interesting. Did you only mention the one Walmart? I see the same problem at every Walmart I've gone to since November.
    Yes, I only mentioned the one, because it's the worst offender. I've actually managed to find a few '03 figures at other Walmarts.

Originally posted by jonthejedi
    It seems like we have to take the good fight to Hasbro direct...
    Yep. I'm planning on sending a follow-up to them.

Originally posted by mm74md
    My wife got me the TRU 4 Pack from the Frederick TRU today. Made my day much better!
    Planning on getting divorced anytime soon??
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

MM74MD, thanks for posting that the 4-packs were in. As soon as I read that I shut down my computer yelled "Bye" to everyone in my lab and got over there. They had 5 left as of 5:45 last night. Your wife is awesome. I also got in my R5-d2's this week (I figured E-bay was cheaper than a trip to Florida.) Great sculpt except for the eye sockets. All in all it's been a good week collecting wise.

Originally posted by mtriv73
    I also got in my R5-d2's this week (I figured E-bay was cheaper than a trip to Florida.) Great sculpt except for the eye sockets. All in all it's been a good week collecting wise.
    Did you happen to order them from the user mimidog4428? Mine are coming from Hong Kong & I'm still waiting for mine. I agree, it was actually cheaper getting these from this user + international shipping that some USA users & Disney selling them with shipping.