Page 152 of 565 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5642

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

Re: VA/DC/MD Finds

Glen Burnie TRU had all of their silver clone troopers on the pegs this morning. You could buy them if you wanted for 4.99. Most were pretty decent shape.

I know everyone will be thrilled: Bowie Target has the Maul and Obi-Wan cups, and the Kamino Confrontation deluxe figs.

Quote Originally Posted by mm74md
    Any left this morning???

Haven't had a chance to go back yet, but I seriously doubt it. They disappear really fast around here. I'm out of milk anyway so I'll check on the way home and if they have any I'll pick them up and PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73
    Haven't had a chance to go back yet, but I seriously doubt it. They disappear really fast around here. I'm out of milk anyway so I'll check on the way home and if they have any I'll pick them up and PM you.
    Cool. I want Dengar & Ozzel from this wave. No Bossk for me! I don't care about card or bubble damage since my son & I open 'em!

Red leader standing by...

Sighted Red Leader X-wing at Glen Burnie Toys R Us, but I passed. I only wanted the figure(which, frankly wasn't anywhere near as nice as Dutch Vander or POTF Luke), but not for 29.99 plus tax. 1 beat-up silver CT on pegs...dept. head said somebody stole a bunch. That figures! All 4 Red Leaders there at 10:30 this am.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Wheaton TRU has their Silver Clones (I'd say 15 or so) on the pegs along with about 50 each of CW Ani & CW Yoda. Wheaton Mall Target had 1 Ack Med Whatever & that's about it. What a wasted lunch break

And Cherry Hill Road Target in SS had zippo as well.

Annapolis TRU got their Red Leaders and Silver Clones. I figure, hey, get the first, and the second's free -- good deal.

I would like to echo the common sentiment that the Red Leader figure is pathetic compared to all of the other, recent pilot figures (Dutch, POTJ Luke, Porkins, Biggs, etc.).

ClearNinja2000, have you bought the Red Leader? Can you confirm if the helmet comes off or not? Are Red Leader's hands strangely sculpted? Is there any feature about this figure that would have prevented them from calling it a Luke Skywalker figure or any other X-wing pilot for that matter? What makes it RED LEADER?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    ClearNinja2000, have you bought the Red Leader? Can you confirm if the helmet comes off or not? Are Red Leader's hands strangely sculpted? Is there any feature about this figure that would have prevented them from calling it a Luke Skywalker figure or any other X-wing pilot for that matter? What makes it RED LEADER?

The helmet does not come off. What makes it Red Leader is the decoration of the helmet and the fact that there is only 1 stripe on the wing decorations (Lukes had 5 stripes hence the designation Red 5.) If you remember all the in-flight scenes in the attack of the Death Star, all the pilots had different decorations on their helmets. Wedge's was mostly green, Biggs had the checkerboard, one guy had what looked to me like balck and red tiger stripes, etc.

To sum up, Hasbro took a really bad looking figure and slapped a little paint on it to make it loosely resemble the guy from the movie. They packed this with a rehash vehicle that comes with a cardboard R5 unit and they expect us to buy it. If the figure was detailed like Gold leader, I would gladly plunk down my $30 for this toy, but released as it is I can't see many of these being sold.