Page 505 of 565 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5644

Thread: VA/DC/MD Finds

Picked up new Titanium wave(T-16, etc.) at Columbia WalMart.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

IJ (late post)

Saw the new IJ figs and heroes at the Clinton WM (which hardly ever has anything) yesterday...did not even try buying after the scanner said "see associate for help". Probably will get the Heroes line and pass on most of the figs.

Basic SW figures are now scanning as NCF (not carry forward) at Target, meaning they are phasing them out.

What is the skin tone difference with Mariss? Cutting back on variants but still curious as to what it is.

one is flesh colored and the other is an ash gray another var. has her holding both sabers
    at last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi

A WM in Frederick had 3 EpII clones, a couple all white sandtroopers and interestingly, 4 McQuarrie Han Solo's yesterday.

I wonder if a scalper couldn't unload them on Ebay and brought them back or if they're part of some weird case assortment and I missed the others in it.

I'm doing this as an edit rather than a new post: For the Joe fans out there, I just found the GI Joe 3 pack with Grunt at TRU in Frederick. They had more of all except the CG pack.

In case you all haven't heard, there were some really bad storms that ripped through my area of VA today, spawning tornadoes that did some major damage. Severe weather isn't a stranger to this area, but tornadoes certainly are (as you all are probably aware). I have lived in this area for almost 30 years and have never seen anything like it. Some of the pictures and video that have been playing on the news here today have been unreal. Its just hard to believe the damage caused by these things, especially in an area that is not prone for tornadoes. Even if the conditions are favorable for a tornado (which alone doesn't happen very often), they hardly ever touch down, and if they do, they do hardly any damage if any at all. So today was a real eye-opener for a lot of us.

Right now the story is featured on Yahoo's home page and has obviously made national news. Its also featured at CNN and the like.

Here are some local links to the news stations where video/photos and what not can be found, for those that are interested:
    http://www.myfoxhamptonroads.com/myfox/
    http://www.wvec.com/
    http://www.wavy.com/

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am okay. I just got a bunch of rain and some winds that knocked over some trees and stuff, but no tornadoes in my immediate area.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Glad you're ok. It's very unsettling...and I was concerned over some of our VA forumites while following the news.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I am good. No tornadoes just some heavy rains and it knocked out my phone lines, but DSL is fine?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Tornadoes are (luckily) a rare thing in this area, but they can really cause a lot of devastation. We just aren't prepared for them or used to them. One actually hit back home in Buchanan county, Virginia a few years ago. I don't recall hearing of any damage, but it was a real eye opener. I thought there was no way a twister could get in between the mountians, but it found a way.

I'm glad you're okay.

Glad everyone's ok - we've had a few small tornadoes in the Fairfax area the past few years. I don't like this new trend.

Nothing new on the figure front - except a Saga '06 Vader joined the 23 Jerjerrods and 3 Padmes for a brief while at Springfield Target.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

Thanks guys.

I just saw on the news where the last time a tornado of the same scale/severity (now an EF3) hit this area was 1979, in Newport News.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."