Hybrid View

Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge Top 10

I just can't wait! I love the creature-types of the Star Wars Universe. So here we go, in my series of Top Ten Must Have figures, the Top Ten Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge/Skiff (anyone from Jabba's entourage. Here are my picks...

10. Fozec - One of the more distinctive of the strictly human members of Jabba's Court. Appears to be amoung the guards of the palace.

9. Yoxgit/Sic-Six Two Pack - Though refered to as Hermie Odle's assistant, it is unlikely that you would get a full-scale, articulated figure as a pack-in with a Deluxe figure as large as Hermie. A two-pack with another small character is the best bet, so I would pair him with the bizarre Muppet, Sic-Six.

8. Tanus Spiijek - This is Elom (the Mole) in earlier incarnations. A great choice as one of the more unusual Jabba's Palace couriers. A smaller, shorter character, perhaps an ideal canidate for Worrt (rock creature) as a pack-in.

7. Woof - This is the "Jabba's Palace Klaatu", the one with the sheep's wool waist wrap. A must have that should carry one of the distinctive Jabba's Palace pistols.

6. Loje Nella - Looking like a combination of an earthworm and a mushroom, this background character is a favorite of mine. Lots of possibilities with what the rest of the figure should look like. Perhaps an even better choice to have Worrt as a pack-in, or perhaps a Jawa.

5. Jess - Another of the more distinctive humans in Jabba's Court, she would make a nice counterpoint to all of the creatures. Plus you can't go wrong with a blue and white haired female character in a striking two-piece number!

4. Hermie Odle - The next Deluxe shoe-in character, Odle is HUGE and strange. We need these guys (like Ephant Mon) who are like Big Bird or Sweetums were to the other Muppets, real standouts.

3. J'Quille - Known as "Tooth Face" in early literature, this is a great choice for a Jabba's Palace grouping.

2. Yarna d'al' Gargan - Who's list won't she be on? Probably the most wanted character out there. She should include Attark (Hoover) as an accessory.

1. Bubo/Herat (Jawa) Two Pack - No surprise here. Bubo has been on my wish list for ages and I think that "Jabba's Jawa", Herat, is a must have as well. Don't forget the palm frond fan, Hasbro!

There it is, my difficult to achieve Top Ten list. The runners up were Sasha Tiel (Ishi Tib), Weequay Skiff Master, BGJ-38 (throne room droid), Cane Adiss, and Sgt. Doallyn.

This is going to be tougher than the Cantina, because (with the possible exception of Endor) this is the most underrepresented part of the saga. I'm also finding I know a lot less about these aliens. But I'll try my best:

First, as with the Cantina, I'll throw out two honorable mentions:
    Arica (Mara Jade in Dancer Disguise)--The more Maras, the better!
    Heater--The name of the fur-wearing fat man who serves as Jabba's decoy (not seen in the original release of ANH and replaced when the scene was restored in ANH:SE).

10. Umpass-Stay
    9. Ak-Rev
    Ideally, these would be included in another Max Rebo band pair, but that's unlikely.

8. Gartogg--An excuse for a Gamorrean resculpt, which would include the force pike.

7. Wooof--Another unproduced vintage figure.

6. Elom
    5. J'Quille
    4. Hermi Odle
    For all of these, I can sum up my thoughts with "Ugly as sin, but really cool looking."

3. Sergeant Doallyn--Because he looks cool, and to go along with #2.

2. Yarna d'al Gargan--I think the coolest design of all the unproduced Jabba's palace characters, with one obvious exception. . . .

1. Jabba the Hutt--I can't believe you left him out! We absolutely need a passable Jabba before we get any more aliens to put around an empty dais or misrepresentation of the Gluttonous One.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I can't believe Jabba slipped my mind either! I guess I excluded him from my thoughts due to thinking Jabba's minions and not Jabba himself! Consider Jabba as a given and the Top Ten as compliments.

Re: Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge Top 10

Originally posted by JediCole
    1. Bubo/Herat (Jawa) Two Pack - No surprise here. Bubo has been on my wish list for ages and I think that "Jabba's Jawa", Herat, is a must have as well. Don't forget the palm frond fan, Hasbro!
    I have been wanting Bubo for EVER and Herat the female jawa I wanted with Jabba,I hope they both get made
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

In no particular order...

1. Kithaba (Barada variant)
    2. Weequay variant
    3. Taym Dren Garen (potzer who shoots Luke in the hand)
    4. Wooof
    5. Sgt. Doallyn
    6. Fozec (I agree with JediCole. he's the big, black Wilt Chamberlain guard)
    7. Jess
    8. Vul Tezanne
    9. Ak-Rev and/or Umpass Stay (drummers)
    10. Rappertunie (harmonica frog)

10. Fozec
    9. Umpass Stay
    8. J'Quille
    7. Taym Dren Garen
    6. Hermi Odle
    5. Sgt. Doallyn
    4. Ak-Rev
    3. Rappurtine
    2. Yarna D'al Gargan w/ Hoover
    1. Jabba the Hutt w/ Bubo
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

10. Nikto rancor keeper. I thought he was Weeba Weeba but that's the human one. anyone got a name for this Klaatu like guy?

9. Bubo And Wol cabashhite 2-pack.

8. J'quille.

7. Elom.

6. Mosep.

5. Hermi Odle.

4. Rappertunie and Water organ with large Thunder drum.

3. Umpass Stay and Bantoormian Klesplong.

2. Ak Rev and drumheller harp.

1. Yarna D'al gargan with Hoover.
    Last edited by Jargo; 09-02-2001 at 03:03 PM.

Thumbs up

Since i dont have the SW encyclopedia with me, i'll just type some characters:

1.- The fat dancer
    2.- Bubo
    3.- The Nikto Rancor keeper
    4.- Klatu
    5.- Hermi Odle

Thats it for now.
    As always...........L

HA-HA! Hasbro IS listening...(snicker)