Thread: Chocobiwan

Question Chocobiwan

Okay, I know this may sound ODD, but I just bought him for 2.99 at KB and wonder: Is there ANY reason why I should open him? I usually open everything and am a bit tempted to open him. Is there any reason why I should? Does he have a cool Force File or anything? Help!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Thumbs up

Is that the cold weather Obi Wan??? Why do u call him Chocobiwan??? hehehe sounds funny, anyway, i would open it, i think it would be great for u to find out if the force file is cool or not. The only way u are going to find out is opening it, cuzz maybe someone tells u it sucks, but thats not your opinion, right? So there u go my friend.
    As always...........L

Thumbs down No

No, it's not the sno Obi-Wan, that is Snobiwan! Chocobiwan is the Obi-Wan that came out in the very first wave. We call him Chocobiwan because of his chocolate shell robe thing.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Other than the green saber and poorly fitted robe, nothing more than a bad knockoff of the original E1 Obi-Wan: Jedi Duel.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Honestly...I can't give you a reason to open him. I have mine open and I love it, but its really not all that great of a figure..so open away cuz it ain't going to be worth anything in the long run.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Re: Chocobiwan

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    Okay, I know this may sound ODD, but I just bought him for 2.99 at KB and wonder: Is there ANY reason why I should open him
    Why did you even buy him in the first place?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I think the reason might be its cheap and the fact that this is POTJ. I recently bought my 3rd Mecha Chewie at clearance price. Not sure why I buy when I have totally no idea why I want 3 wookies that looks the same, pose the same and have the same accessories. But I guess, its simply because its POTJ and its unusually cheap.

BTW, its still carded. Not sure what to do with it if I open

This is one of the few figures I would definitely suggest leaving in it's package. Open, the robe doesn't work on the figure and the arms are gappy and cheap-looking, there's nothing of value to this figure IMO beyond the completist issue.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.