Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Canadians! Get To Your Walmarts Now!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Walmart this evening hoping to find the LOTR Cave Troll and Strider, both of which have been eluding me for months. I went into the aisle, glancing at the pegs of Theed Amidalas, only to find the LOTR figures were not there. "They must be on one of the discount aisles" said I. Sure enuff there they were, sure enuff no Strider. On my way out I noticed what I thought were pegs of micro machies from TPM until I looked again and noticed "That's no micro machine .....THAT AN ARENA BATTLE DROID FROM AOTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THIS IS NO JOKE!!!!!!! I JUST FOUND ALL 14 OF THE INITIAL MAY 23 RELEASE FIGURES FROM AOTC AT WALMART IN SAINT JOHN NB!!!!!!!! THAT'S IN CANADA FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT WEST WHERE THE COUNTRY ENDS AT QUEBEC CITY!!!!!! I HAVE THEM ON MY KITCHEN TABLE RITE NOW!!

GLORY BE TO THE FATHER
    AND TO THE SON
    AND TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
    AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING
    IS NOW
    AND EVER SHALL BE
    WORLD WITHOUT END
    AMEN

THE HUNT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

i'm waiting til i see the movie to get most of the stuff, excpet the things that are packed in low numbers. my friend got a job at a TRU so i'll have someone to put tsuff aside for me
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Now that I've cooled off a bit, here's a few comments on what I found at Walmart:

In addition to the figures I found, and the Amidalas, they also had the Anniversary Sets and Dooku's Lightsabre (they could have had other roleplay stuff but I don't know)

The realscan on the figures is pretty damn good. They ALL lokk WAY better in person than any pics I've seen. Even Padme looks good, and the head sculpt on her is DEAD ON.

All the action features are pretty well hidden so they don't really affect the look of the figure, even though most are superactionposed. Anakins gigantismsabre doen't even look THAT bad.

The biggest surprise for me is how much I love the Superbattledroid. This folks, is what all action figures should aspire to emulate. TONS of action features, optional battledamage and interchangeable parts. Trust me, you'll learn to appreciate this figure once you get it, which you will if you get yerasses out to Walmart right now!

All the figures were on trilogo cards and Plo and the Battle Droid had pics of Dexter and the Geonisian Warrior on the back. I didn't see those two in the store though and there was no indication that they were there but sold out.

I haven't seen such a sight in the Dirty City since the Third of May, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Nine.

I think they had a Brown Battle Droid too I only want one BD and not that one.

Glory to the Brave(and the Bossk)

Man, I envy you. It seems like the local TRU got 2 cases of preview figs. I guess most of us will have to live vicariously, but at least this is a good sign. Let's keep the reports coming. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    (I was at the welland ave walmart on Wed and they had 5 ketwols, but there was a fairly large area being cleared (same as reported in another thread in this forum- sithkiller99, maybe, I don't remember)) We'll see..........WOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Registered
    Ontario, CANADA where there are no TARGET stores

AOTC

Found AOTC figures at Sears in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton. Got seven figures that I didn't already have. None at Mapleview in Burlington or Centre Mall in Hamilton.
    Don't drink the blue milk! Why? It's spoiled!

I just went back to the same Walmart today and all of the figures are gone. Either they were all bought up, or, more likely, Walmart realized their mistake and took them off the shelves till the 23rd. I hope we get the other figures on the 23rd that are supposed to come out and not just the ones I already got.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Tie Bombers or Snow Speeders?

Has anyone seen or know if the Tie Bombers or Snowspeeders have come or are coming to Wal-Mart here in Canada? The reason I ask is that apparently they are available in some stores in the US. I plan on going over to the US tonight to check it out just in case I happen to find a couple. OH PLEASE LET ME FIND AT LEAST 2 of EACH!!!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

From what I have heard they are going to be u.s. exclusives, canada will not be seeing them. I asked around at my local wal-marts and they said they are not on order, but they might be wrong (it seems that no one who works in toy departments seem to know about exclusives). If you find them in the states that would be great, as it looks like they will not be coming here (just don't be ticked if my informants are wrong and you end up paying a small fortune in the states)

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    I've already done my homework for Wal-Marts here in New Brunswick, a few months ago...but I was just wondering if somehow...Wal-Mart Canada was going to release them at a later date than April 23rd. I know that they did not have them in their computer...so I kind of expect that they will not be available in Canada...except at specialty stores.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"