Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who will read book?

I was wondering what the break down is of people who will read the AOTC novel before the movie comes out...anyone?

Not me. I may buy it before the movie comes out, but it will stay on the shelf until I see the movie. I know I can resist the temptation, because I did with TPM.

I won't Not because I'm worried about spoilers, rather if I read something I really like that isn't in the film, I may be disappointed.

Exclamation Wait...

I did what Sith Vicious did for TPM, so I too think I can resist the urge to sneak a peak before AOTC. Hey, you know those "Can't Eat Just One" ads that Frito Lay had for Lay's Potato Chips? For probably 3-5 years, I would only eat ONE chip per bag, letting anyone else finish it off. Take that, advertising geniuses who came up with that one!
    "That's what Sheev said."

I have never waited... I've either gotten the book or the comic adaptations for all the films and it's never spoilt my enjoyment of the films. I guess I'm just odd like that.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

if i get it, i'll read it. i want to have a general idea of whats going on; the book doesnt follow exactly along with the movie. for instance, in the Episode I novel, theres actually two podrace scenes, and you hear of two in the movie, but you never actually see the first one.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

Nope, i'll read it after i watch the movie. "First things first".
    As always...........L

I think I'll hold off until I've seen the movie. I read TPM before the movie and I think it spoiled it a little for me. I'll go ahead and buy it though.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Okay, I picked it up and indeed planned on waiting. Then I thought, hmmm I know the first few chapters aren't in the movie, so maybe I can look at those. And now I'm 7 chapters in, I don't think I will stop. I'll look at it as an experiment - I'll compare my experiences of "no early read" (TPM) vs. "early read" with AOTC, and if I really think it was bad for me to read it early, I still have Episode III to go into somewhat fresh.

No spoilers follow: So far I think I have a decent handle on what will be in the movie and what won't be. It's strange to read a line straight out of the trailers, and sometimes dialogue seems to go on for longer than what George will allow on screen. So far there's nothing major plot-wise that I haven't read about online before, so I don't think I can be too spoiled by it. Also of interest to me is one or two minor character/costume descriptions that seem to be different.

The only books I've bought in hardback (others I've received as gifts: Bakura, Courtship, Darksaber) are the Thrawn duology, SOTE, and TPM. I plan to pick up the AOTC one today, but I have a few other SW books (Jedi Quest 1 & 2) plus other books that I can afford to wait a bit. Oh by the way, I have some midterms and finals coming up too!
    "That's what Sheev said."