Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Razzie noms - your thoughts please

Do any of you pay attention to these "awards"? I like to check them every year to see what films really get slammed

I must say I am baffled by the fact that Bubble Boy got NO nominations for 2001. But I find it hilarious that Penelope Cruz (a favorite 'round these parts ) was nominated in not one but three roles!

Here's the list of nominations, taken from razzies.com. What do you feel was omitted? Are there any films/stars on the ballot that should NOT have been included ?
    WORST PICTURE:
    DRIVEN
    FREDDY GOT FINGERED
    GLITTER
    PEARL HARBOR
    3000 MILES TO GRACELAND

WORST ACTOR:
    Ben Affleck/PEARL HARBOR
    Kevin Costner/3000 MILES TO GRACELAND
    Tom Green/FREDDY GOT FINGERED
    Keanu Reeves/HARDBALL and SWEET NOVEMBER
    John Travolta/DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE and SWORDFISH

WORST ACTRESS:
    Mariah Carey/GLITTER
    Penelope Cruz/BLOW and CAPTAIN CORELLI'S MANDOLIN and VANILLA SKY
    Angelina Jolie/LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER and ORIGINALSIN
    Jennifer Lopez/ANGEL EYES and THE WEDDING PLANNER
    Charlize Theron/SWEET NOVEMBER

WORST SCREEN COUPLE:
    Ben Affleck & EITHER Kate Beckinsale or JoshHartnett/PEARL HARBOR
    Mariah Carey's Cleavage/GLITTER
    Tom Green & Any Animal He Abuses/FREDDY GOT FINGERED
    Burt Reynolds & Sylvester Stallone/DRIVEN
    Kurt Russell & EITHER Kevin Costner or Courtney Cox/3000 MILES TO GRACELAND

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Max Beesley/GLITTER
    Charlton Heston/CATS & DOGS, PLANET OF THE APES and TOWN & COUNTRY
    Burt Reynolds/DRIVEN
    Sylvester Stallone/DRIVEN
    Rip Torn/FREDDY GOT FINGERED

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Drew Barrymore (The Ex-Mrs. Tom Green) FREDDY GOT FINGERED
    Courtney Cox/3000 MILES TO GRACELAND
    Julie Haggerty/FREDDY GOT FINGERED
    Goldie Hawn/TOWN & COUNTRY
    Estella Warren/DRIVEN and PLANET OF THE APES

WORST REMAKE or SEQUEL:
    CROCODILE DUNDEE in L.A.
    JURASSIC PARK III
    PEARL HARBOR
    PLANET OF THE APES
    SWEET NOVEMBER

WORST DIRECTOR:
    Michael Bay/PEARL HARBOR
    Peter Chelsom (w/Warren Beatty) TOWN & COUNTRY
    Tom Green/FREDDY GOT FINGERED
    Vondie Curtis Hall/GLITTER
    Renny Harlin/DRIVEN

WORST SCREENPLAY:
    DRIVEN Screenplay by Sylvester Stallone, Story by Jan Skrentny & Neal Tabachnick
    FREDDY GOT FINGERED Written by Tom Green & Derek Harvie
    GLITTER Screenplay by Kate Lanier, Story by Cheryl L. West
    PEARL HARBOR Written by Randall Wallace
    3000 MILES TO GRACELAND Written by Richard Recco and Demian Lichtenstein

I see, or hope that Pearl Harbor sweeps all the awards that it's nominated for. I haven't seen many of the other films nominated, but judging by the dislike of Michael Bay, I can't see them not tossing as many razzies as possible at that film. Charlton Heston being nominated for Worst Supporting Actor is kinda a suprise. As for the others, I don't wanna take a guess since I haven't seen most of those films.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I would see Hannibal, Spy Kids, TomRaider, Shallow Hal, and Vanilla Sky on the list before Pearl Harbor. It wasn't an AWESOME film, but it's mediocrity led a lot of people to slam it more than it deserved.

And how is it a sequel?

I think The Animal should be in there. I don't think I laughed or even smiled at all through the whole movie. It was just a waste of time and flim.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Crocodile Dundee 3

OUCH!! Them's fightin words!! I was editing my profile yesterday, and seeing the title of that film makes me wish I'd put that in the "words you don't wanna see" column. That film was the first one I ever went to with my current ladyfriend. I'll never forget it- the only point of interest in the film was the fact that any film could be SOOOOOO much worse than the TERRIBLE film preceding it.
    For action films, I must, regretfully, nominate "Kiss of the Dragon" and "the one". I LOVE Jet Li, in films such as "daichi fistfighter", and "fist of legend"(AMAZING!!!), but these two big releases just had me shaking my head throughout. Don't get me wrong, some of the scenes in both films were great, but watching them gave me a disturbing sense that they were designed to ruin the poor (deadly) guy's name and career so wooden guys like Travolta and Willis could once again define the "rugged action hero" archetype.
    Or maybe it's just me. The list would be longer, but I just don't go to see movies too much.
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I would see Hannibal, Spy Kids, TomRaider, Shallow Hal, and Vanilla Sky on the list before Pearl Harbor. It wasn't an AWESOME film, but it's mediocrity led a lot of people to slam it more than it deserved.

And how is it a sequel?
    The category allows for remake or sequel, so I guess it's a remake. But how? I'm sure there are other movies called Pearl Harbor, and obviously many others about the attack. To my knowledge though, there are no other Pearl Harbor love triangle movies out there

I forgot about Tomb Raider - I agree it was one of the worst films last year.

Vanilla Sky - I think there were some good ideas behind it, I just thought it came off as . . . . pretty stupid. Before seeing it, I read an article with Cameron Crowe about how it was based on all of these pop culture institutions and the fact that Tom Cruise himself was pop culture. It sounded intriguing to me, but I didn't pick that up from the film at all. It was pretty silly when they had to go back through and "highlight" some of the references (Abbey Road, Dylan, etc.). Ugh, the ending just failed by turning into a cheesy sci-fi type knock off of the Matrix since reality wasn't what it appeared to be.

Wow, a whole paragraph about Vanilla Sky

If Tom Cruise is so POP and what not, maybe he should have just been put in a TNN commercial.
    Everyone knows they've got POP!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

And TNN has the WWF . . . and WWF stars work for a POP . . . God help us

The Razzie people all made good choices except for Tom Green. The exception being Tom Green MEANT to make a bad, stupid movie. The whole thing was a joke, on the audience and most of all, Hollywood. Obviously the Razzie people didn't get it. Tom probably SET OUT to nab himself a Razzie for that movie, so the jokes not on him, it's on the Razzie people.

I think the Golden Raspberry should be given only to movies that people were serious about when they made them. (Driven, Glitter, etc...) It should be obvious to anyone that watches "Freddy Got Fingered" that it's a farce and not to be taken seriously even as a comedy.

Oh, and next year's nominations better include that crap Britney Spears came out with this year. Matter of fact, any movie with a pop star in it should be instantly nominated.

Britney Spears + pink underwear scene + a second pink underwear scene = box office success.

Britney Spears + acting job with a script = a certain Razzie nom