Episode II line has Begun

So the Episode II line has begun. I was just looking for insight on what people thought about this? Positive or negative, whats your feedback?

Its kind of hard to give any feed back on this becuase I haven't seen any new stuff up close except the preview figures. I like them and I hope that the new line only gets better.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

i think it is a waste of time. i stood in line in 1999 for pre sale of episode 1 tickets for over 5 hours, with about 500 other people. i got the first showing on opening day at 10 a.m. and again at 1:30 pm. on opening day eve, i walked up to a different theatre and wth no hassle or line easily bought tickets to the mid-night showing.

i surely won't be standing in any lines for anything episode 2 this time around.

derek, I had a similar experience in '99. One theater had people lined up for over a week, so I didn't bother with that. Across town, I got in line for presale tix and waited all day just to get the 2 evening shows. But a week later, right before the movie opened, our local theater (which never does presales) had a midnight showing! So we just waited 4 or 5 hours that day and saw it at 12:01. I HOPE that same theater sticks to their policy, then I can get in line late afternoon on 5/15 and see it right away. I hate the thought of waiting in line TWICE, first to get tickets and then a week later to get a decent seat.

As for that line at the Grauman, those same people were seen in the docu Star Woids. I checked their website, www.liningup.com . . . they give the number of the nearest street payphone so that the media can call. They also invite "us" to call and say hi.

Wait, we ARE talking about waiting in line, right? The One's opening post is vague, Obi-Don thought he meant "toy line", derek and I assume "movie line".

i think they are doing a good job on what i've seen so far. (long wait on those blast effects, force effects..etc..) my dad just got 2 more jango fetts (preivew) so he can have one for his office and i get on to!! i'm trying to re-enact the scene in the "clone war" trailer where they are all batteling and the scene where they are forming a circle and are losing very badly...wish me luck!
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Caesar, I am talking about The movie line youre right. But that is the only line thats started so I didnt think I had to be more clear. The other guy thought I meant a toy line started. No you had the right idea. Have you been down there, are you part of that group?

Originally posted by The One
    Caesar, I am talking about The movie line youre right. But that is the only line thats started so I didnt think I had to be more clear. The other guy thought I meant a toy line started. No you had the right idea. Have you been down there, are you part of that group?
    Nope, I'm several thousand miles away from them, but I am considering making some harrassing calls.

Seriously though, it seems they are raising money for Starlight, so that's a cool thing.

do you know Idiots standing in Line for Ep2 ?

Just posing a question of why?? waiting in line for Episode 2 the Attack of the Clones. I understand being able to rush out after the show and running to your friends that where smart enough to wait and say " I saw it first " but other than that WHY...Do you think it will not play longer than a week. I plan to hit the cheap times to avoid all the " Kids" seeing it or wait for a bit longer. Nothing like sitting in a theater and have " Kids" talking about anything and everything while it's going.
    Just wanted to ask whay everyone thought about the " people " waiting in line. but on the otherside it is a tradition to wait in line to see good movies...so why did they stand in line for Ep1 ?...Also would that be something you would share with people ?

New additions:

" The first person to view Episode 1 " - ( from the collection of Gus Lopez )
    " The First person to view Episode 2 " - ( From the collection of Gus Lopez )
    " The Tennis Shoes worn by # 1 in line " yada yada yada......
    " there's an idiot born everyday...just check EBAY.."

in 1999 it was pretty funny in Michigan, tickets went on sale 1 week prior to the release date and there was radio coverage and TV announcements and I had to go to work. At 4 PM I raced across to town to our stadium seating theater hoping an opening show was available and when I got there every single showing at midnight and on opening day was available. It was quite a bust for all the news coverage. The shows of course were sold out when it was movie time, but there was very little pre-movie interest here.