Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who likes "Whose Line is it Anyway"?

I have been watching it for a couple of years and all of the ones that I have seen are funny. Does anyone else watch it?
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Thumbs up 1138 points to bel-Cam for general innane behavior...

I've loved it since I saw the British version on reruns on Comedy Central in the mid-1990s! Now it's a little tame since not only is it on network TV, but it's a Disney-owned one. However, Ryan Stiles and Greg Proops are testing those boundaries all the time. Often, the shows are funny, but not really funny. Yet, there are episodes where I cannot breathe from laughing so hard!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I loved the old British episodes on CC, I think I started watching around 1994/5. I liked many of the people . . . Stiles, Mochrie, Proops, McShane, Slattery, Frost were my favorites.

But I don't watch the new Drew Carrey version, nothing personal - I just never got into it. But I have seen Wayne Brady do a few songs, those are awesome!

I started watching the British Whose Line Is It Anyway back in 1993 or 1994, I can't remember. I loved it. The new American version is pretty funny sometimes, but here is what I don't like about the new version:

1) Drew Carrey. He is a horrible host for the show. Why don't they bring back the British Guy. He is so much more likeable. Drew Carrey is also a horrible improver. I hate the end of the show when Drew decides to get up and show off his "improv" abilities. You can definately tell that he is no match for the others on the show.

2) They hardly do any of their really funny skits anymore such as where they show an old movie and they have the guys make up the dialogue to the film. That is hilarious. Plus where they have one person stand behind another person and they become the other persons arms. They need to start doing these again.

Other than that I like it and try to watch it as often as I can.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

i love that one where Colin acts out a scene and Ryan does the sound effects for it. also props is funny.
    the funniest one ive seen is where they put the red squid thing on the floor with all the legs spread out, and one of them says, "maybe we should've told the Jester about the quicksand."
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

I like the "american version" better than the british.Alot of the jokes I didn't get.
    I enjoy the show all in all.It's the only thing on TV that is even somewhat clever.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I started watching Whose Line not long ago because of the current Whose Line right now then I started watching the reruns on Comedy Central, both shows have their good parts and bad parts. Either way though, when Ryan and Colin do skits together, especially sound effects, it's always great!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

it's a funny show.

I really tried to like the US version, but as funny as I think Drew Carey is with stand-up, I think he sucks as host of this show. The UK version is STILL funnier than most of the stuff I see on TV lately though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, are you a fan of ALL the UK stuff? Personally, I did not care for the pre-Stiles, Mochrie, et al shows . . . maybe since I was a teenager I couldn't relate to the predominantly British humor. The "older" episodes were not as silly, they focused on more mature themes, like literary humor.

At least, that's how I remember it.