Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    JediTricks, I have both of these movies and your speculation about the story credit is correct. Lucas is given a "story by" credit, while the screenplay credits you found are accurate.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Riiiight, nice try Variety.
    There's more! Apparently Daily Variety is also a fan of The Ewok Adventure, for it praises the film as

"imaginative and startingly original . . . a perennial."

I think it counts as "Star Wars" and not EU but just on a lower leverl!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I say what the heck!! Let's allow into our Star Wars world! You all know my viewpoint...the more the merrier!!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Hmmm... "imaginative and original", I'm guessing those are two words that could describe that review. I swear, hand me $100 million and I'll make a 2-hour tv-movie of a trip to the dentist office... in realtime... and as long as I save $10 million for advertising in Variety, I'll get a good review from them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lightbulb

I'd posted a similar thread in the OF (Old Forums), of movie critics' views: http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?d...TID=8&PID=4447 And they call themselves "experts." Bah!

p.s. Deckard Smith is still logged on there! "Surely he must be dead by now."
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Hmmm... "imaginative and original", I'm guessing those are two words that could describe that review. I swear, hand me $100 million and I'll make a 2-hour tv-movie of a trip to the dentist office... in realtime... and as long as I save $10 million for advertising in Variety, I'll get a good review from them.

I saw that one!!...Variety called it "breathless and spine-tingling! A true masterpiece about the world of dentistry. JT does some of his most sincere work in this breathtaking adaptation of his pocket organizer's to do list...1. Go to dentist. 2. Stop by bank. 3. Pick up latest SW action figures. 4. Go see new Michael Bay flick. 5. Put together new LEGO set...as haunting as Apocalypse Now and as hilarious as Monty Python!!"

"'Dental Voyage', the imaginative, original blockbuster film from the visionary director of the oscar-nominated short flm, 'Toenails Be Gone' - a 15-minute journey into one man's epic struggle against an unstoppable force. He cuts and cuts as he sends the enemy flying, yet he knows he's can never truly win the war. Who would have thought that a man could sit in a chair for one-quarter of an hour clipping, buffing, and ultimately biting his toenails while the cameras rolled - catching every stark, honest moment. J.T. DeMille truly has recaptured the raw, gritty spirit of Hollywood, and this director doesn't stop here, next he covers drama, comedy, and action in 'Video Store Saturday'."
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by Caesar

So what's the explanation behind Charal and her ability to turn into a crow ? When I was a kid that magical ring bothered me because it didn't jive with the Star Wars universe. Of course, now we might rationalize that she was a Sith Witch or something but uh . . .
    The fictitious author of the Imperial scouting report (from The Illustrated Star Wars Universe) says she appears to be a Nightsister who somehow escaped from Dathomir. Now that just raises the problem of how a lowly Imp knew about Dathomir and the Nightsisters. . . .

I meant they were accepted EU in that Teeks, Marauders, and Goraxes have variously been mentioned in TISWU, The Essential Guide to Alien Species, The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons, and the Jedi Apprentice trilogy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That little "Shirley Temple" kid...

What was the name of that little "Shirley Temple" kid with the Olivia Newton-John "Physical" headband...?

-Cylinder?
    -Cinders?
    -Sandal?
    -Sandbox?

Ehhhh... whatever. Maybe Hasbro will make her into a figure!! Wheee!!!

I suppose the films weren't that bad for a Sunday evening diversion. There wasn't much on TV back in those days... That was before "X-Files"!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**