Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Ewok movies - canon or non canon ?

Hehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehe,

I'm quoting the box of my Battle for Endor tape,

Daily Variety pronounces that Ewoks: The Battle for Endor "triumphs as a worthy entrant into the hallowed Star Wars canon."

What's an Ewok??!???

almost blocked the little buggers out of my memory!

Riiiight, nice try Variety.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wha...?

Shooting Ewoks out of a cannon? Sounds good to me!

BOOM! "Aaaaaaiiieeeeeeeeeee!!!!" *SPLAT*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Taking a serious stand on Teek for once, I must say he is one of the most ridiculous things ever created for the saga. But he's still cool.

I wouldn't say the Ewok films are canon, but they're definitely accepted EU. Teeks, Marauders, Goraxes (Goraxii?), Charal, Blurrgs, and the Towanis have shown up in other books (notably The Illustrated Star Wars Universe, The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons, and the Black Fleet Crisis (where we see a grown-up Cindel).

What I wanna know: Endor is a small moon, so why is it so danged crowded? Counting only sentient and semisentient beings native to Endor, there are Ewoks, Duloks, Teeks, Yuzzum, Goraxes, those little firefly people, and probably five or six I missed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

*sings to himself* Yub! Yub! BOOM!
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I wouldn't say the Ewok films are canon, but they're definitely accepted EU.
    So what's the explanation behind Charal and her ability to turn into a crow ? When I was a kid that magical ring bothered me because it didn't jive with the Star Wars universe. Of course, now we might rationalize that she was a Sith Witch or something but uh . . .

El Chuxter - 2 things more absurd than Teek: midichlorians and cloned emperor !

Thumbs up

Any movies that give us the immortal insult "Lerdo!" deserves to be canon! They're "canon" in so far as they don't really contradict anything in the Classic Trilogy. Except maybe the broken English of Wicket he seemed to forget by ROJ. Or are the Ewok films post-ROJ?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Some pretty good agruments on both sides have been brought up. I need some help on this one. Who wrote and who directed the Ewok movies.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

The Ewok Adventure (aka Caravan of Courage) was directed by John Korty and credits Bob Carrau and George Lucas as the writers, according to the IMDB. Ewoks: The Battle For Endor was directed Jim Wheat and Ken Wheat, and credits George Lucas and the 2 directors as the writers. IMDB has "(story)" next to Lucas' name, so it's possible that Lucas didn't really write a bit of either tv-movie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.