Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TRU Ignorance, or Have You Heard of Episode 2?

So today I popped into TRU today to get my son some toys for his birthday. At the register, checking out, I thought I'd ask the lady about Midnight Madness, since she was some kind of manager, judging by her little badge or whatever. I asked her, "So, do you know if you're having a midnight Star Wars toy sale this time, to coincide with the release of the new Star Wars movie"? She says, "Hmm, I'm not sure....."
    I was just about to say, "Well its in 2 weeks, so if you're not sure, then probably not"...., when she says....."Oh, I think we are having some sales or something, to commemorate the release of The Phantom Menace".
    I said, "Really? That's the one that came out three years ago. Funny you'd be having a sale for that one now". She was just so confused, poor gal.

I guess you can't expect anyone to know everything about SW these days. But geez, its kind of her job, you'd think she'd have heard about Episode 2.

Guess my TRU isn't having a midnight sale this time. Well, thank God for Sam Walton.

This guy has a list of all the TRUs open for MIdnite Madness. Courtesy of www.americandreamcomics.com

My TRU is not on the list either, so I am guilt free to shop at Wal Mart on the 23rd...

Thanks for that, Rollo, I never was able to access the other links floating around.

Neither store near me will be open this time, the closest is 90 minutes away. That's alright, I didn't want to go to TRU for MM this year anyway.

That's pretty funny, fulit. Sad, but funny. At least she didn't get SW confused with Star Trek and tell you they were all stocked up with Mr. Spock figures.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    That's pretty funny, fulit. Sad, but funny. At least she didn't get SW confused with Star Trek and tell you they were all stocked up with Mr. Spock figures.
    Oh, there would have been bloodshed if someone said that. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Star Trek, but it makes me mad when people get them confused, esp. if it's plainly marked. Example: I had someone over spraying for bugs, and they ventured into my SW room. The guys says, " Oh, you're a big Star Trek fan, huh"? I wanted to scream. Theres about thirty carded figures hanging on my walls that plainly say "STAR WARS ". Either he couldn't read, (not uncommon around here), or he was testing me. Anyway.............

Originally posted by Fulit

Oh, there would have been bloodshed if someone said that. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Star Trek, but it makes me mad when people get them confused, esp. if it's plainly marked. Example: I had someone over spraying for bugs, and they ventured into my SW room. The guys says, " Oh, you're a big Star Trek fan, huh"? I wanted to scream. Theres about thirty carded figures hanging on my walls that plainly say "STAR WARS ". Either he couldn't read, (not uncommon around here), or he was testing me. Anyway.............
    You should have responded "Almost as much as you like funny cars..."

Heck, when I asked at one of the local TRUs, the guy looked at me weird and said, "now why would we be opening at midnight?" Isn't it scary how we know about possible promotions weeks before the store managers do?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    "Now why would we be opening at Midnite???"
    "Because me and fifty other guys each have about $400 to spend in your store that night, pinhead. Guess I'll be heading to Wal Mart instead...bye!"
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Re: TRU Ignorance, or Have You Heard of Episode 2?

Originally posted by Fulit
    "Oh, I think we are having some sales or something, to commemorate the release of The Phantom Menace".
    You know... I'll bet she was thinking "TPM" because a lot of the TRUs are getting the remaining "TPM" collectors VHS sets to give away with big "AOTC" purchases. Poor cow... she's so confused.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

There are two Tulsa TRUs, anyone know where to get Store #'s? TRU doesn't list them on Store Locater results anymore.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"