Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

David Fincher directs MI:3!!!

cool!

i read on the internet that in MI:3, tom cruise goes insane, fights an alien human hybrid, buys gwyneth paltrow's severed head off ebay, all with the lights out locked in his room while playing a game.

o.k., i made that up.
    Last edited by derek; 04-08-2002 at 10:15 PM.

Well, it almost certainly couldn't be as bad as MI2, but few movies could be. Of course, it'd be a lot better if MI2 was never made to begin with -- I thought the first MI movie was cruel to the series it was raping, but MI2 has no value whatsoever in my universe. On the other hand, I didn't think squat of Alien³, so another bad MI movie seems inevitable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Well, it almost certainly couldn't be as bad as MI2, but few movies could be. Of course, it'd be a lot better if MI2 was never made to begin with -- I thought the first MI movie was cruel to the series it was raping, but MI2 has no value whatsoever in my universe. On the other hand, I didn't think squat of Alien³, so another bad MI movie seems inevitable.
    Darn right JediTricks, the first MI movie was complete trash that made a mockery of the original series. Mr. Phelps the head bad guy? Excuse me...what were these people smoking? No wonder that the old TV series cast was up in arms. And as for MI2, I think "Skippy Squirrel" said it best, "Spew". The movie was craptaculer. I also hate with a passion that slow mo fighting stuff. Ever since the Matrix made that stuff popular, I am sick of it showing up in every action movie that gets made. I also dispise Tom Cruise, but thats another issue entirely. Note, replace stuff with a similar word.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-08-2002 at 08:58 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

hey jar jar,

if you get close to those energy binders....oh, wait....

john woo, director of MI:2 was doing slow-mo fight stuff long before the matrix came out.

i never saw the original mission impossible tv show, and i guess that's why i had no problems with the first movie. i thought it was well done, well acted, and an all around good movie. not life changing, but worth my $7 bucks.

i guess your bias towards scientology boy is clouding your mind.

Originally posted by derek
    hey jar jar,
    if you get close to those energy binders....oh, wait....
    john woo, director of MI:2 was doing slow-mo fight stuff long before the matrix came out.
    i never saw the original mission impossible tv show, and i guess that's why i had no problems with the first movie. i thought it was well done, well acted, and an all around good movie. not life changing, but worth my $7 bucks.
    i guess your bias towards scientology boy is clouding your mind.
    I understand that the slow-mo fight stuff is older then the Matrix, but it wasn't until after the over-hyped sucess of the Matrix that it started to appear in everything action now adays. Thankfully we didn't see it in E1, and I prey to never see it rear it's ugly head in any of the Star Wars films.

It's true, I don't care for Tom Cruise's "religion". But I disliked him long before I found out about that. I just don't really care at all for most of the so called leading men in hollywood. Reeves, Cruise, Smith, DiCraprio, etc. They all are way over-rated, in my honest opinion.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Cruise is into Scientology? Hmm, I never knew that.

A lot of good it did for Travolta's career.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Cruise is into Scientology? Hmm, I never knew that.
    A lot of good it did for Travolta's career.
    What career?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I also dispise Tom Cruise, but thats another issue entirely. Note, replace stuff with a similar word.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Well, I didn't think much of MI:2 until I watched all the extras on the DVD and I now have more respect for how Tom Cruise and admire that did all of his own stunts. Even the part where the knife is put a centimeter from his eye was real and he did it, no compostiting or CGI there. Plus he did all of the rock climbing stuff, motorcycle chase sequences, jumping out of buildings, etc...

There are also really good movies that he has been in: The Outsiders, Risky Business, Rain Man, Born on the 4th of July, Legend, Top Gun, A Few Good Men, Interview With a Vampire. But if you don't like him, then that is your preference. I don't like some actors that people like.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I understand that the slow-mo fight stuff is older then the Matrix, but it wasn't until after the over-hyped sucess of the Matrix that it started to appear in everything action now adays. Thankfully we didn't see it in E1, and I prey to never see it rear it's ugly head in any of the Star Wars films.

The fight between Obi Wan and Jango Fett on Kamino uses bullet time technology, so you will get you wish...er..I mean...

I agree. And the only real problem I had with MI:2 was overrated Anthony Hopkins replacing the talented and underrated Henry Czerny as the head of I.M.F. And the chick. She blew. But Dougray Scott was great. And so was Richard Roxburgh. And Tom jumping all over that rock face like a monkey doing his own stunts was very impressive.