will jedi starfighter be on ps1?

i don't have ps2 and want it for ps1...thanx
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I strongly doubt it.

uuhhhhh . . . . . . . . no, sorry. I think this question was asked on a PS2 board I use to belong to about SW Starfighter going to the PS1. There was one guy there who argued endlessly about the fact they could port the game right over. But sadly he now knows, it was never done.

The reason it will not come out on the PS1 is b/c as good as the PS1 is/was it could not handle the frame rate. That is what makes it so smooth and there is no slow down. Trust me, you do not want it on the PS1, you would hate yourself, then hate Sony for putting it on the system, then hate LucasArts for putting out(what you think is) a crappy game, and finnally you would hate SW for this whole thing . . . . . . . . and that would be a bad thing. The game would be increadublly(sp) slow and the loading times would be horrendious !!!

My suggestion is to either bug for the PS2 for your birthday/x-mas/just for the heck of it, or save up the $ and buy it yourself. Its a very good invstment, seeing it plays PS1, PS2, DVD, CD, Albums . . . . . . . oh wait, it doesn't play those!! Do you know what an Album is!?!?!?! Mad do I feel old.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Albums...

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    Its a very good invstment, seeing it plays PS1, PS2, DVD, CD, Albums . . . . . . . oh wait, it doesn't play those!! Do you know what an Album is!?!?!?! Man do I feel old.
    Actually, full-length recordings are still ALBUMS... as an ALBUM is a collection of (in this case) songs. Now, if you were to have said "Long Playing Records"- You WOULD have been dating yourself!

Anyhow... I am hoping this will cross over to PCs. I have no use for PS1, 2, XBOX or any of those other things. there's enough electronic clutter as it is. Gimme a PC version and I will be happy.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Albums...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Actually, full-length recordings are still ALBUMS... as an ALBUM is a collection of (in this case) songs. Now, if you were to have said "Long Playing Records"- You WOULD have been dating yourself!
    Maybe I should have said "Vinyl"??? Or mabe 8 Tracks or . . . . . .uuhhh . . . . . . . . . . what was that tape thing that was out b/4 cassette tapes? What was that called ?????

On topic, they should port it to the PC. They did it to Rouge Squadron and I think SW Starfighter????? I think they did that one. But it should not be too long for it. Alas though, I cannot play Outcast. My processor sucks!
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Re: Re: Albums...

Originally posted by Dar' Argol

Maybe I should have said "Vinyl"??? Or mabe 8 Tracks or . . . . . .uuhhh . . . . . . . . . . what was that tape thing that was out b/4 cassette tapes? What was that called ?????
    Are you talking about "Reel to Reel" tapes? Wow!! We had two of those machines growing up... and of course, we used those in the recording studio.

I sure do hope the game comes out on PC. I love the fighter games. They're always fun to escape in...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Re: Re: Albums...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Are you talking about "Reel to Reel" tapes? Wow!! We had two of those machines growing up... and of course, we used those in the recording studio.
    THAT'S IT!!!! That's what its called!! My grandparents had one of those and we played with it all the time. Making recording of ourselves! What a great piece of anceint(sp) technology! Uhhhh . . . . . . "Memories, like the cor". . . . sorry.