Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

What celebrities do you hate?

Just curious. What famous or IN-famous people make you cringe whenever you see or hear about them on tv or radio. You can give reasons if you want to.

Here's a small list of mine.

Kobe Bryant
    Celine Dion
    Mariah Carey
    Richard Gere
    Alec Baldwin
    Joel Shumacher
    Robin Givens
    Callista Flockhart
    Dr. Laura
    Gilbert Gottfried
    Nora Dunn
    Judy Tenuda
    Hillary Clinton
    Jenny McCarthy
    Dennis Rodman

That is all for the moment.

Ooooohhhh! Well I wouldn't say that I necessarily hate them, let's just say that here is a list of people that IMO are not as talented as people think they are.

Keanu Reeves
    Chris Klein
    Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Freddie Prinze Jr.
    Matthew Lillard
    Kevin Costner
    Eddie Murphy
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Julia Roberts (her acting is fine, but I can't stand her)
    Brendan Frasier (tolerable, but not a good actor)
    Richard Gere

That's all I can think of for now. If I think of more, I'll post them.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Well, I don't really know any celebrities personally, and I've only put forth the effort to ever meet an actual celebrity twice, both times it was Bruce Campbell.

There are "famous" people I'm sick of hearing about though;

Fred Durst
    Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/whateverthehellhesgoingtobecallednext-iddy
    most professional althetes including but not limited to; Donovan McNabb, anyone on the L.A. Lakers or Tampa Bay Bucs, NY Yankess, etc.

There are more, but those are the people I'm constantly disgusted with. I don't really glorify too many celebrities so I don't really let them bother me.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I agree with you Wolfwood on Fred Durst and Puff Daddy.

Also, one I forgot earlier, but just now remembered: Leonardo DiCaprio. Did he ever do anything after Titanic worth remembering?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Like SithDroid said, I don't really hate these people; but I am really tired of seeing them flaunt themselves on TV and in films. What I can't stand most is when a person achieves a certain level of fandom, they feel they must take on "A Cause." Then they have to wave it in our faces constantly to prove that they are soooo much more enlightened than us mere animals. Perpetrators include:

Madonna (for her "valiantly" having a child out of wedlock. $2 prostitutes and crack addicts have them all the time, what makes her so special?)

Stephen Spielberg (sure he made some great films in his day; but recently his ultra-liberal, ultra-PC stance on everything is getting on my nerves. )

Demi Moore (a classic example of someone who takes herself waaaay too seriously)

Kevin Costner (same as Demi Moore, except replace 'herself' with 'himself.' )

Tom Cruise (no real complaints, I'm just really tired of seeing him)

Barbara Streisand (my personal philosophy applies to her more than most: 'Just because you have the right to express your opinion, doesn't necessarily mean you have anything worthwile to say.")

Metallica (used to be my favorite band; but after the whole Napster mess, I finally understand what they are all about now. )

All those new "heavy metal" bands whose songs make me want to stick pencils in my ears to stop the pain:
    Limp Bizkit
    Korn
    Disturbed
    Slipknot
    Marilyn Manson
    and all the other wannabes, who I never listen to long enough to catch their names. They are the main reason I listen primarily to country music now.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll think of more soon.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I completely forgot about Barbara Striesand, for the exact same reasons BB mentioned above. I think she thinks of herself way more than anyone else.

Rosie O'donnel. She just seems to be the fly in the ointment. She has to crusade for every damn thing that she hears about it seems. And she makes herself seem so important on her talk show and whatnot, like its a huge deal because she's a lesbian and has kids. Who cares...

She's probably the person I dislike most, almost to the point that I do in fact hate her.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by bigbarada
    What I can't stand most is when a person achieves a certain level of fandom, they feel they must take on "A Cause."
    Me too! . . . that guy Adam Yauch from the Beastie Boys.

I wish Julia Roberts would stop making movies.

Good call on the Fred Durst / P. Dud complaints.

Whoopi Goldberg
    Julia Roberts
    Jennifer Lopez
    Britney Spears
    Nicole Kidman
    Carrot Top
    That guy from Back to the Future / Spin City (forgot his name)

I have no reason for hating them, I just can´t stand them.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

you meen michael j fo

I don't really dislike particular celebrities except those "sweet little boy" stars although DiCaprio is ok IMO, except in titanic (one of my most hated movies, partly because of the hole publicity)
    I really like the beach and basketball diaries