Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mandalorian Candidate- I only meant that I hadn't seem Rick McC mentioned, not the others.
    Sorry, I didn't notice that you had written him down, so used to reading him in your signature

I don't have the same feelings for S Spielberg a lot of you have, but I'll add the SE of ET to my list.

Oh, would Rocket Firing R5-D4 count?
    How about Ewoks?

As much as we "hate" these people, the media is as bad for coddling and indulging these people.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Originally posted by Fulit
    I've got to add Halle Berry to my list for two reasons:

I'm sick of seeing her everywhere since she got that stupid Oscar.

Anyone who commits two hit and runs is a despicable person to begin with. Then you consider she's rich and famous, and could have easily afforded whatever the damages were, but she still ran, not once, but twice! And they still give her the friggin award. Anyone of us normal people would be in jail for hit and runs, they give her a slap on the wrist and an Oscar. Blecchh! I hate it, hate it, hate it when celebrities get away with stuff that could put me away for a while, just because they're celebrities.
    Speaking of Halle Berry, I bumped into her the other day, and when I turned to say excuse me, she just took off!

I guess the only celebrities I don't like are comedians that take themselves seriously. Um, it's kinda not funny when you use your position to press political issues, or when you get upset when other comedians make fun of you. Get a grip!
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

N'SYNC
    Jerry Seinfeld
    Craig Kilborn
    Whitney Houston

These are the ones that annoy me the most.

What celebrities do I hate? Well, I don't enough page length to put them all on here, but I'd say just about all of them for one reason or another.

I hate all celebrities for the simple fact that they make a LOT more money for a lot less work (you try taking 3 months off in between projects in your own line of work and see how well that goes over).

Secondly I hate that many celebrities are rich and famous simply because they were born with looks that are deemed more beautiful. The looks bring in the bucks apparently.

Thirdly. I hate the nepotism that is in this career field. Nepotism in most other careers is fine. Given that the person who is going in to the same field as a relative actually has enough talent to continue working in it. Its one thing for an unknown person to become a rich and famous star, but when their sons/daughters/sisters/brothers/etc. also get work in the field because they also carry the last name recognition, it just sickens me to no end.

Fourthly. The rules that middle class society are bound to have little to no role in hollywood. Arrests for drug possession, DUIs, car accidents, accidental and premeditated deaths, and other things that can wreck a normal person's chances of continuing a normal job have little to no bearing with any celebrity.

The only thing that can possibly be seen as a negative is that for many of them, their private lives are laid out for the public to view by media outlets who want to profit off of them. But this trade-off for the untold amount of perks being a celebrity is barely a prick in the side in an otherwise fantasy-like dream life.
    Last edited by chewie; 04-16-2002 at 02:52 PM.

well said.

i dis-like them for the same reasons, i just didnt want to take the time to put them all down.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

Carson Daley
    Britney Spears & those like her
    N'SYNC & those like them
    All rappers, with possible exception of the Beastie Boys.
    Joel Schumacher- he bastardized Batman!
    Jason Biggs- UUURRRGHHHH!
    Freddie Prinze Jr, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hanson & other teen heartthrobs.
    Elmo
    Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Kristin Dunst
    Jar Jar Binks although not half as much as most of the other people I mentioned.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I agree with you EP, all except Jason Biggs and Kirsten Dunst.

Jason Biggs, although he can only really play one character, is pretty good at doing what he does.

Kirsten Dunst is a pretty decent actress, except for her lame performance in Spider-man.

I only like Britney Spears because she is hot, she is not talented.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

i HATE nstink and the ***street boys. GAH!!!
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

Angry i've given this matter the thought it deserves. . .

. . .& i think i've come up with an excellent "celebs we Must hate" starter kit:
    obnoxious meathead "studs": geraldo, carson dildy, kevin cocksner, mel gibson, huey lewis, steven seagal, ed burns, keanu reeves, vin diesel, renny harlin, alan jackson
    black femmes w/nova-sized self-esteem (i call this affliction Oprah Syndrome, on whom i lay direct blame for its spread): halle berry, mariah carey, whiney houston, india.aire, viveca fox, jada pinkett, tiresome banks, naomi campbell, paula abdul, janet jackson, debbie allen, phylicia rashad etc etc etc
    honorary inductees to above group: j-lo, gloria estefan, carnie wilson
    greedy, snippy, snobby, control-freak white beeyotches: dumi moore, mary steemrollerburgeon, mia farrow, nancy reagan, streisand, hillary
    distinguished individual insufferables:
    dennis leary for his sanctimonious glommin off "firefighter chic" every bit as much as manhattan barhoppers who wear nyfd baseball caps just to get laid; in his feud w/colin quinn i'll take quinn's side every time.
    dennis miller for cowardishly dulling his sharp wit by kissin up to the biggest share of the audience he can
    ben stein for personal hypocrisy (decrying our decadent, spoiled culture while buyin his 16-year-old a bmw) and using his reasonably-tuned wit & intellect to purposely misrepresent virtually every issue on which he pontificates
    ted nugent for his self-aggrandizing, provincial, belligerent, middlebrow narcissism. a phony that don't fool me for a second
    "kick em while they're down, they've long had it comin" dept:
    christopher reeve, for the unseemly amount of $$$ and medical effort he's squandering to strap himself into elaborate apparati that puppet him into macabre parodies of the "walking" he'll never do again, justifying it with an overinflated sense of how "inspiring" he is to other paralysees. the jackass should either accept his bad luck like a man or eat a pistol
    and charlton heston, for waitin so long to confess what lots of us figured out about him a Long time ago
    and it's really too bad russia didn't take lance bass And eminem into space & Leave em there
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 09-26-2002 at 12:30 PM.

Re: i've given this matter the thought it deserves. . .

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    [B
    black femmes w/nova-sized self-esteem (i call this affliction Oprah Syndrome, on whom i lay direct blame for its spread): halle berry, mariah carey, whiney houston, india.aire, viveca fox, jada pinkett, tiresome banks, naomi campbell, paula abdul, janet jackson, debbie allen, phylicia rashad etc etc etc
    honorable inductees to above group: j-lo, gloria estefan, carnie wilson
    [/B]
    Don't forget Starr Jones! The other yentas from The View belong in some of your other categories.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars