Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Should I stay or should I go...?

Due to recent events involving forum members, I approach posting with a bit of trepidation and sadness. Friendships had been forged and suddenly fall away. Friendships that once existed dissolve without much explanation as to why. Angry forumites direct their venom at unsuspecting individuals and send "not-so-nice" e-mails...

I see posts written by friends, wondering why they don't "come around" anymore. I see posts written by "disagreeables" and wonder if there will be another attack on a fellow forumite or on me...

I'd rather not get into the details, but I wonder if it is worth it to stay on here second guessing my every post.

So... I don't know if I should keep tip-toeing around here wondering if I stepped on any toes or whatever...

To those I may have hurt in some way, shape or form... I am unaware of having done so. If I have... I apologise as it was never my intent. I love being here, but hate feeling this way.
    I suppose I'll just see how this all plays out. Thanks for reading me...

-Dale
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Dale, Jediparntr, it's obvious. You should stay

Personally, I think that these forums are free of vitriol or flame wars, even including the recent fiascos, but I only frequent The General and Micromachine forums (so I may have not seen them)...oh and now they've moved The Hump thread to "other" I have to go there once in a while too

I enjoy reading your posts and as a fellow musician I like to see you around. I hope my recent post on GNT didn't contribute in any way to your considered departure.

jeddah

Hey JP,

I hope you don't decide on dropping out from SSG forums just because of a few bad apples or misguided posts. I think you have good things to say and if some people disagree with you, that's their problem. You've been around here long enough that if someone else has been hasseling you, maybe they should go. Just say what you want to say and don't worry about it.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I agree with jeddah you should definetly stay
    to be honest I wasn't aware of these big problems but I'm most certain that we can all live (post ) in peace here - I mean these forums are for fun, not to fight or whatever

Thumbs up

JEDIpartnr, "you must do what you think is right, of course." I have had similar issues with various places/people, and I just took some time off to think about things, then came back. Try that. Also, don't take things too personally. Even if the comments are meant to be personal, try to let them go if you can. It's tough, but you're a better person for not responding to hate or cruelty with the same.

Hang in there! Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, and Lando all had to do it, too!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I kinda know I'm the new kid on the block around SSG but I feel aceppted by most of you. JEDIpartnr, it would be a shame to see someone like yourself leave these forums. Have you been to others? Have you seen the lack of respect and cliches that go on there?!?!?! And I am not nameing any one site. I've visited a few and could not believe what goes on and the amount of childish behaviour that goes on. Now, we have childish behaviour, but 9 times out of 10, its funny ha ha behaviour. Not like other places. JEDIpartnr, you will be sorely missed if you leave, and you will be missing out on a lot. But, in the end, the decision is yours to make. I just hope you make the right one for you.

Dar' Argol
    (and this is the only time you will see this)
    Shawn
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Ah boyo. No reason to leave! Though if you get tired of something, give it a rest (I know I do) then you'll be refreshed and able to handle things better.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I will take all of these things into consideration... I'll keep watching the posts on this thread. Perhaps things aren't as bad as I had thought. Thanks for the kind words... they are much needed for my conflicted heart.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have felt the same way a few times, especially after a pretty nasty altercation; after taking a few days off I found that I actually missed coming here and talking to friends. So, if you need some time off, go ahead and take it. We'll still be here when you get back.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I have felt the same way a few times, especially after a pretty nasty altercation; after taking a few days off I found that I actually missed coming here and talking to friends. So, if you need some time off, go ahead and take it. We'll still be here when you get back.
    I did the same Big-B. After so much WM bashing I took off for a few days. I'm a lot better now.I just relized that not all stores are the same as mine and its a shame. But your right, I did miss it. I missed the different point of views, the silly threads and the serious ones as well.

BTW Big-B sorry about the "no-lifed, thick necked" comment. I was a little too hot that night. didn't really mean it.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"