Thread: 12" Gonk Droid

12" Gonk Droid

Perhaps it is just that I am silly for droids (and aliens), but I feel that a 12" scale "Gonk" would be incredible. I would favor hollow, tubular legs over an interior armature for the leg articulation. Of course the figure could be made more interesting with an assortment of attachments (as seen on various "power droids" in the films) that can be fitted on the top and perhaps even an accompanying Treadwell droid to be assembled once opened. This would make quite a nice pair to join my 12" figure displays.
    Any thoughts?

I'd like to see an ANH-styled GONK droid but packed with a fully-transforming Pit Droid from Ep 1.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the legs though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up

Iwould settle for anything interesting in the 12' line. Anything different, as long it is not a reculpt. GONK all the way.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

To answer the question about the legs in a Gonk droid, imagine if you will the actual droid costumes themselves. There is a person inside that "box" with tubes over thier legs and little metal looking boots over their feet to represent the squarish feet of the droid. What I was getting at was this, rather than have the legs be a single, molded piece (like in the 3.75" version), an inner leg with some articulation sleeved inside a hollow, ribbed tube that is affixed to the foot might make the droid a little more interesting. Just a thought.

I love the idea of the legs, JediCole. That would be a lot better than the dumb walking feature that came with the smaller scale Jawa
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Maybe they could make it so you could take off the box part and see the midget guy in there with the suspender straps holding up the droid legs.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."