Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slave Leia Bust

Hybrid View

Slave Leia Bust

Another of my brother's sculpts. This one he made for a friend of his in Hong Kong (the owner of Larbel Plasmablades ). Really beautiful work!

My brother is also featured as the Customizer of the Week on www.thejawa.com check it out and let him know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leiasm.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	1299  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Goodness gracious! I'm not a fan of busts - statues with partial torsos and no arms or bodies freak me out - but that is incredible work. Outstanding! It amazes me how good this is, I can't imagine a SW licensee putting anything this good out on the mass-market.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

VERY GOOD WORK INDEED! I would like to get more involved in customizing, meaning displaying talent. Would this be something everything would like to see?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

That is incredible! Is this the same project your brother was working on last year? I remember a thread about something your brother was working on that was in it's first stage of production or something.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Wolfwood, that project was an Aurra Sing bust that my brother is still working on (he's trying to find a acceptable solution to making the hair look lifelike). The thread where I bragged about that one is in this section somewhere.

He started on this project late last year (he goes to college full time).

Thanks for the compliments, I will try to upload better pictures of his Nikto bust and Grand Moff Tarkin bust. He plans to make busts of Bossk, Barada (yes!!! ) and Luke Jedi in the future.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Goodness gracious! I'm not a fan of busts - statues with partial torsos and no arms or bodies freak me out - but that is incredible work. Outstanding! It amazes me how good this is, I can't imagine a SW licensee putting anything this good out on the mass-market.
    I'm with JT on this one and that's an amazing likeness of the princess.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Thanks for the compliments, I will try to upload better pictures of his Nikto bust and Grand Moff Tarkin bust. He plans to make busts of Bossk, Barada (yes!!! ) and Luke Jedi in the future.
    Yes, we'd like to see more!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

maybe you could tell him to make a darh maul...?
    looks amazing

When you said "Slave Leia bust " I thought you meant....

In any case, it looks really good with her head there too! If he hasn't contacted LucasLicensing yet, he should. They can probably put him in contact with companies that will reproduce his work. No sense in not turning this hobby into a career.

I'm working on a Darth Maul bust right now. The likeness of Ray Park is there, as is the design. Thing is, the paint job on that Lea IS AMAZING.
    bigbarada, was that Lea bust in the picture from an original mold, or was that the original sculpt? What paints were used?
    I have painted mine with acrylic, and on some figures it works well (like Boba Fett). However I find most of the time the paint is dull. (I've painted directly onto the baked sculpy piece)

Can ya ask your brother...

PPPLLLEEEAse!!!!

Originally posted by notafinga
    I'm working on a Darth Maul bust right now. The likeness of Ray Park is there, as is the design. Thing is, the paint job on that Lea IS AMAZING.
    bigbarada, was that Lea bust in the picture from an original mold, or was that the original sculpt? What paints were used?
    I have painted mine with acrylic, and on some figures it works well (like Boba Fett). However I find most of the time the paint is dull. (I've painted directly onto the baked sculpy piece)

Can ya ask your brother...

PPPLLLEEEAse!!!!
    The Leia was an original sculpt, made out of a mixture of Super Sculpey and black Sculpey 3, to give the sculpt a dark greyish tint, so my brother could sculpt the details better.
    As for paints, he used the cheap Delta Ceramcoat acrylics you can find at any Wal-Mart (about $0.60 per bottle). He mixed the paint to achieve the proper values.
    He uses a satin or lusterless topcoat applied in thin layers to fix the problem with the dullness, this also protects the paint itself.
    Another thing, make sure you use primer to help the paint adhere to the surface, no matter how small the piece is.