Thread: 2 questions...

2 questions...

1. How did Darth Maul find the Queen's ship on Tatooine? Where did the trace come from?

2. What does "bombad" mean?

Good questions. I don't have answers, but I might speculate on the first one that either Maul traced the hyperspace trail that the royal starship made all the way from Naboo to Tatooine via a probe droid -OR- the Sith are able to track an individual vessel via holonet through the ship's holonet transceiver, even if it's not sending.

I still wanna know what "Maxi big da Force!" means.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i think "bombad" is like "aloha" or "bad". It can mean two things.

Bombad - good ex: Obi-Wan is a bombad jedi.
    Bombad - bad ex: Jar Jar is a bombad character.

The Sith, especially Sidious, can see quite well into the future, even if they only see a half-correct vision. I believe either Maul or Sidious took their force power hunch that they went to Tatooine.

Chewie, I'd buy that if not for the line by Maul: "Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace was correct, I will find them quickly, Master." He's talking about a trace, not a Force vision like Luke's of Bespin from ESB.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I believe the trace Darth Maul refers to is that the Trade Federation at Sidious' request of course sent the fradulent holo message to the ship which was traceable on the receiver's end. Sort of like e-mail when asked to respond that you received a certain message.

Jar Jar's language is such a mystery, I think bombad means the same as the English word for bad. It can be used to describe something good, like from the 80's "That is so BAD!" or"He is a bad a**". Or a bad thing like "this krabby patty tastes bad".

Used in TPM by Jar Jar after the Jedi free the queen he says "yousa guys bombad", which I take to mean, whoa you guys are bad!

And then Boss Nass says to the Naboo "Yousa guys all bombad" like they were bad for bringing the TF to Naboo.