Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Sorry if this has been posed before, but just was curious.

Reading different things online I am wondering, is Sido-Dyas, Sidious?

I mean, if you say the name enough it starts sounding like it. And after all, Sido-Dyas put in an order for clones, and Sidious (aka Palpatine) wants to start the war, so are they one and the same?

If not let me know.

I may be a little confused....

Sido-Dyas has been changed to Sifo-Dyas so it sounds different apparently. But yes he is indeed Darth Sidious. And Sidious is Palpatine but others would have you believe that Palpatine is a clone of Sidious or the other way round. I forget which because it's so ludicrous and preposterous! HAHAHAHA!!!! I scoff at the very thought!!!

Man oh man, changing names and such!!!!!!!!

I'm with you. I don't think that the Emp is a clone.

I think Senator/Chancellor Palpatine is Emperor Palpatine (duh, same last name! :happy: ) and is also Sido-Dyas/Sifo-Dyas who is in turn Darth Sidious.....

man that's confusing.....

ohhhhhhh the humanity! Stop the madness!!!!!!!

The way they resolved the issue is that the Kaminoans come to learn that Sifo-Dyas has passed away, and his parting orders are that the clone army is to be used for the good of the Republic.

So Palpatine and Yoda really have no problems acquiring them.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I thought Count Dooku was imposing as a Jedi Master named Sifo-Dyas, whom orders a couple hunred thousand Clones to fight in some war...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Jango Fett knows that the Separatist leader, Count Dooku, is also Darth Tyranus. It is Tyranus who selects Fett as the clone source.

Sifo-Dyas [Sidious] ordered the clones not too long after the Battle of Naboo. When Kenobi visits, Lama Su is really just interested in his additional payment, he has no concerns for the politics that may or may not be involved.

The purpose is never really stated, again, the financial interests are far outweighing any concern on the Kaminoans' parts.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I also heard Palpatine ordered the Clones but I not sure if he would stick his neck out like that right after the Battle of Naboo. I still think it would make more since for Count Dooku to order the Clones...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.